Friday, January 07, 2011

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful ...

... I miss my metro stop in the mornings.
 
Good Morning, Kittens!  Yes, you read correctly.  This morning, I somehow missed my transfer at Metro Center. I'm not really sure what went wrong.  The last station I remember was Judiciary Square (two stops before Metro Center).  I was reading my book.  The train was doing this awful stop/start/stop/start in the tunnels before each station.  I looked up and thought "the next station must be Metro Center."  WRONG.  The next station was Farragut North.  Oops.  Overshot by one stop.  And, so I was a little late(r than usual) to work this morning.
 
Lessee ... not much has happened in my world recently.  Last night, one of my neighbors came over for a little while to watch TV.  She and her husband recently got a new 40" Plasma TV and it is giving her headaches (weird?).  So, she wanted to watch my cute little 27" LCD TV for awhile to see if it gave her headaches as well.  It didn't.  I guess maybe they will get a smaller TV now?  Who knows?
 
Lots of excitment going on this weekend ... Tonight, for Happy Hour, I am meeting SCGB, CJ, AQ (this really cute guy I met at CJ's holiday party, who is getting back together with his ex.  WTF?), and Tomokito (who is recently back from Happy Happy Japan) may be joining us as well.  Yay!  Boozy Good Times ... followed by dinner.
 
Saturday, K-Factor and I are making lunch.  I think SCGB may join us.  I am making tomato soup.  She's making grilled cheese.  YUM.  Also on Saturday, I am undecorating and cleaning.  At 7:30, I'm meeting Steveandbobby at the Bar Formerly Known as Halo for cocktails.  mmm.  cocktails.  Sunday, more cleaning and organizing and possibly boozing.  And, I'm off on Monday, so -if all the cleaning and organizing is done- I will do some shopping.  Yay!
 
Have a great day!  And a happy weekend!
*smoooches*

3 comments:

  1. Must have been a very good book. Busy weekend for you as usual, you could always come to my house and clean Monday if you're bored. I should really get to that one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri10:09 AM

    Sounds like a fun weekend. I need to do the cleaning thing too. I keep putting it off.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that I had a train to ride...

    ReplyDelete