Friday, January 14, 2011

Boys Are Stupid. Let's Throw Rocks at Them.

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
I am having randomly disconnecting internet issues at work today.   I love working on an email and KA-POW, Outlook goes down (and not in the fun way).
 
Yesterday, I went to the gym.  Yay!  I ran for about 45 minutes (well, walking the first and last 5 minutes).  Almost 4 miles.  Not too shabby.  I need to go on Saturday or Sunday, as well.  And, that's about all the excitement from yesterday.
 
As for my weekend plans, they are still in flux.  You may remember that last Friday I met an UberSuperCute Boy at happy hour (who then joined me -and a group of friends- for dinner/drinks the next night as well).  Earlier this week, I sent him a text to see if he would be interested in doing dinner this weekend.  He texted back and said he would, and he would call Wednesday night to make plans. 
 
He didn't call.
 
When I woke up Thursday morning, I had a text.  He had to work late (like until after 11) and didn't want to risk calling/waking me up.  Very thoughtful.  He suggested we either go out Friday night or watch the Golden Globes on Sunday. 
 
I texted back and said that Friday night was preferable.  I never heard back.  So, last night, around 10, I called him to see what was up.  Voicemail.  Left message.
 
He texted me this morning to apologize, saying work has been crazy (understandable given what's happened this week and his profession) and asking if I'd still be up for drinks or something later.
 
I texted back to tell him I am going to the National Portrait Gallery (to see this exhibit) and he is welcome to meet me there.  We'll see what happens.
 
As for the rest of the weekend, I may be seeing Black Swan with Peter and one of his friends on Saturday.  Sunday, Mike (Who Makes Cakes) might be having a Golden Globes Watching Party.  And, Monday, I am off and cleaning and sorting and organizing (and maybe shopping). 
 
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. rn terri10:44 AM

    I will keep my fingers crossed that your hook up with UberSuperCute Boy works out! I really want to see Black Swan this weekend as well, not sure if I can fit it in. Have a fabulous weekend! OMG--my word verification is: rearige How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to see Black Swan next week. Good luck with USCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm totz jellerz cause of UberSuperCuteBoy AND getting to see that exhibit! I should try to make it down to see that too, it looks interesting.

    the exhibit I mean. Well, I'm sure UberSuperCuteBoy is intersting too, and I'd probably like to see him as well, but...at ANY rate, what I was referring to the exhibit only. :)

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black Swan is sooo good! I can't wait to watch it sweep the Golden Globes!

    ReplyDelete