Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Don't Care If Monday's Blue

Good Morning, Kittens!
 
Could you guess what I did yesterday? (Sorry, Earl Cootie, I'm not getting a locker near yours.  So sad.)  I joined the gym, the Washington Sports Club in Silver Spring!  As part of 2011: Year of Health, I am working on getting fit and losing all these extra pounds*.  One of my goals is to run the Army 10-Miler in October, so I need to start getting on the treadmill ... I hate running outside when it is cold.  After signing up on line (only $1.11 + $29 processing fee, and the rest of January is free), I metro'ed over to Target to use the two gift cards I found whilst cleaning on Saturday.
 
I bought some work out clothes.  And Eucerin lotion.  Winter dry skin is full of teh suck.  I actually have little scabs all over my legs from dry skin.  Ughz.  Several people have recommended the Eucerin.  Let's hope it works.
 
On the way home from Target, I stopped by the WSC to get my little swipey card thing.  And, then, I treated myself to a Healthy Lunch at Adega (grilled tofu salad and a glass of the house Cabernet.  Wine is healthy, right?).  After lunch, I did a little power spending at the Whole Foods.  Mmmm.  Healthy!  Organic!
 
Once home, I ironed enough shirts for the next week or so.  And, then, I sorted papers - file, shred, tax, toss.  Fun times.  Now, I just need to borrow Tomokito's shredder at some point.
 
I made a delicious dinner of rainbow chard, tofu, and cashews over rice with red quinoa.  Later, SCGB, K-Factor, and Tomokito came down for cocktails (Meyer Lemon-infused Vodka with Cranberry Soda). 
 
A busy, fun day off, fer sure.
 
Have a great day today!  Snow is supposed to be on the way.  *w00t*
 
*smooches*
 
*I'm actually kidding about losing weight.  But it would be nice to maintain my current weight and maybe tone up a little bit.

5 comments:

  1. Living in The Land of Zero Humidity, Which Sounds Great Until You Realize That You Need to Buy Skin Lotion By The Gallon, I would strongly recommend Eucerin. It's a bit heavy, but should work. I'm also a big Lubriderm fan for something not so heavy. Just saying.

    -Dr. Liz (the dogs aren't super concerned about skin lotions... not so much bare skin, ya know?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri11:31 AM

    Eucerin is good stuff, should help. Snowed here last night, but no snow day today! WTF?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To lose weight, you would have to remove your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course wine is good for you! Especially red, since it has the tanins (or whatever they call them, but not if you have migraines).

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gym - good for you! I'm looking into taking yoga*.

    *I've been looking into it for about 6 months now.

    ReplyDelete