Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sick (with Special Appearance by Stella)

Good Afternoon, Kittens.

On my way home from Philly on Monday, I felt the tell-tell tickle of a cold coming on. Tuesday, when I woke up, it was worse, but not so bad I couldn't go to work. so I did.

Then, I came home. Late. Because the Red Line was a ginormous clusterfuck. I had to rush to get to my co-op's Annual Shareholder's Meeting. Fortunately, I was not elected to the Board. yay! Of course, this means that I will most assuredly have to be on the Board next year.

I went to bed early. When I got up, I thought I heard snow/sleet. I looked out the window, and I was correct. A couple of inches of slush and stuff covered the ground. Also, I felt like poop. After having some ginger lemon tea, I decided I couldn't make it to work. So I called out and went back to bed.

I woke up at 11:30. Since then I've been feeding my fever to starve my cold. Or whatever. I've been eating a lot. I tried to do laundry, but it seems *BOTH* washers in our laundry room are borked. UGH. I also frogged a sweater (because I did something weird and couldn't figure out how to fix it). I will start it again at some point. I'm thinking about casting on another pair of socks.

For now, though, I'm watching Doctor Zhivago and contemplating taking a nap.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. My kid is feeling crappy too. Seems to be going around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, sorry to hear you're sick. Hope you'll be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you're sick, but thanks for the Stella fix! She's such a gorgeous doggie!

    -Dr. Liz (Fiona is still gazing at Stella's leggies!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your illness. I must be blind...I thought that the photo in this entry was of an uncooked turkey for the LONGEST time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rn terri10:47 AM

    Feel better. Spent my day home with 2 sick kids as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colds are the worst. On the plus side, at least you didn't have to trudge out into the slush.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete