Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Update: Flexible Edition

Good morning, Kittens!
My weekend plans certainly went all gang aft a'gley'ed, but -in the end- everything worked out OK.
Friday, my hair appointment took longer than I thought, so -even though I looked SuperCute (see?)- I was unable to meet up with C.  So, I ate a very late dinner, blobbed for a bit and went to bed.
Saturday, I was totally uninspired to do anything.  I did do a little house-cleaning and organizing, but not nearly enough to make a dent in the Official Disaster Area which is Casa de VUBOQ.  Around 5:30PM, Eric from Baltimore came down.  Along with Tomokito, the three of us had dinner at El Golfo.  Spinach Enchiladas!  Sangria!  Nomz.
Then, we took Tomokito back home and headed to SCGB's Birthday BBQ.  C was supposed to come, but he had forgotten that he promised to help a friend move.  And that took longer than he thought.  Oh, well.  The BBQ was fun.  I was able to hang out with a bunch of friends.  We left around 10:30 or so.  I was a little tipsy.  Not drinking (much) for three weeks really does some damage to a carefully cultivated alcohol tolerance.
Sunday morning, very overhung.
But, I did manage to be productive.  I walked to the Whole Foods and dropped a shit-ton of money (btw, shit-ton is an official metric measure ... in case you didn't know) on the delicious foods.  Then, I had boozy lunch (Hair o' the Dog!) at Adega.
On the way home, I *almost* got caught in a torrential downpour.  I made it inside just in the nick of time.  Yay!
Then, I made habenero chili sauce, using habeneros I grew in my "garden" and a recipe for Garlicky Red Hot Chili Sauce from the New York Times.  While that was cooling to room temperature, I took a wonderful nap.  Mmm.  Naps.
When I awoke, I ironed a whole bunch of shirts.  And applied for a very interesting new job.  *fingers crossed*
Once that was all completed, I put together an Heirloom Tomato Salad with Cilantro Puree (why, yes, I did grow the cilantro in my "garden").
As I was sitting there wondering what to do next, I realized that I hadn't gone for a run since my surgery.  So I went for a run.  I only ran about a mile and a half.  It was difficult, but not superpainful.  Huzzah.  I can't believe I am supposed to run the Army 10-Miler in about 7 weeks.  Gah.  Must become more motivated to run!
When I got back from my run, I had a text from C saying that he was on his way over.  Gah!  I quickly showered and dressed.  He pulled up just as I finished getting ready.  We had dinner at Baja Fresh and walked around downtown Silver Spring for awhile.  Once back at my place, we put in a DVD and had a little Quality Nekkid Time on the sofa. 
So, a very good end to a rather fun weekend, I think.
Hope you have a great day!


  1. Yay! Sounds like a great weekend.

  2. That's a beautiful salad. I think you've inspired me to go to Whole Foods tomorrow.

    It's good to see that you're up and around again.

    Cute haircut on cute boy : ).

  3. Yay for the good times and fitness!

  4. Well a weekend that ends with quality naked time on the sofa is a good weekend, regardless of what went on beforehand! :)


  5. speaking as someone who uses the metric system i can tell you that shit-ton is not metric. in order to be metric it must be a shit-tonne (which weighs about 2.2 times more than a shit-ton).

    i'm glad you're healing from your surgery. sucks that you might have to have more surgery. i hope you don't.

    my hernia surgery is going to be in october sometime. i'll be off work about 8 weeks. such a thrill.