Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bits. Bobs.

Good morning, kittens.

Yesterday I received a call at work from the Brooklyn DA's office.
Apparently (1) there is a new ADA handling my assault & robbery case
and (2) the Grand Jury indicted the kid who I testified against (way
back in, what?, April? Early May?). Thanks for letting me know ... Of
course, I suppose I could have called. So, now they want to subpoena
my phone records (again) and needed to verify the phone number of the
phone which was stolen. My guess is that there will be some sort of
plea bargain. I really don't want to go back up there for the sole
purpose of testifying in another trial.

Not much else going on. C came over last night for a quick minute. We
have been taking it slow since my surgery, so it was good to see him.
I think we are going to see "The Help" tonight after work. I am
wondering if I should invite him to go away for the Labor Day weekend
or not. I want to. But maybe it's too soon for a mini-break, because
as Bridget Jones always says, "A mini-break means true love."

I seem to gradually be recovering from the surgery. The PWS has
become more like PWFeelingStabbyButBriefPains ... I still do not look
forward to my morning constitutional. But, as they say, "s**t
happens."

And, on that note, have a great day!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Tell 'em they have to do the trial on a Friday and take a long weekend of NYC fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're not British - so mini-break away : ).

    ReplyDelete