Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Pain in the Ass

"Good" Morning, Kittens!

I am still in Recuperationville from my outpatient surgical experience on Friday. And, like, ow. At least the Percocet Happy Pills seem to be working ...

Although I really don't want to go into the whys and wheres and howtos and whatfors and whatevers about the procedure, the surgeon spent a good 30-45 minutes (I'm guessing) scraping, cutting, slicing, dicing, pulverizing, and then cauterizing my nether region. Yep. I had ass-tic surgery. Joy. I should have asked for a butt-lift while he was down there (hindsight. It is 20/20, yo!).

Anyway, the recovery process is tedious. And painful. And messy. And long, like 3 weeks long. Ugh.

Today is my last day of not working though. I am going to try to straggle into the office tomorrow.

So, what does a VUBOQ do when he is at home, on drugs, and not whimpering from painful pooping sessions?

He shops.

My brother notified my of an extra 25% off sale at Ralph Lauren Dot Com. With his employee discount, I snagged a short sleeved polo, a long sleeved polo, and a cotton v-neck sweater all for less than the original price of the sweater. Sweet.

Then, I found two UberCute knitting kits ... a Dragon Scarf and a Panda Scarf! My BFF from College totes luvz pandas. I thought it would be a fun Xmas gift for her.

Speaking of knitting, I've also restarted my cotton seamless sweater ...



And, look, mugs:

Black Blue MugsI am giving these to C. If you dated me, you, too, could get pretty pottery.


I picked up a few more completed pieces from the studio last Thursday. You can see all the photos in this set: Pottery Summer 2011

In other news, because the surgery was a lot more intense than I was expecting, I wasn't able to meet with M whilst he was here. Boo. I also haven't seen C. Boo. So, I am still in limbo as far as that is concerned. Oh, well.

I need to walk to the grocery store today, but I'm not sure if I'm able. Ugh.

Guess that's about it for now.
Have a great day!
*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Oh VUBOQ, I'm sorry to hear you are having a difficult recovery. Feel better soon.

    Oh, and your brother is such an enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole surgery/recovery thing sounds dastardly. I hope you can make it to work OK. My sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh -- "you" is implied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. youch! Feel better, VUBOQ!!! Enjoy the drugzzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, man, VUBOQ, sweetie, please heal up soon! One hates to see you so in pain and glitterless. I hope for a speedy total recovery and until then, I hope the good drugs continue!

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete