Friday, August 19, 2011

My Crazy Life

Good morning, Kittens!
 
How was everyone's Thursday evening?  Mine was chock full of fun and excitement.  I finished knitting this sock.  Of course, now I have to knit another one.  *sigh*  Does it ever end?
 
And, I got a totally weird voicemail from A (remember him?  from last summer?).  If I could figure out how to put a recording on here, I would post it.  Although that might violate some privacy issues or something?  Anyway, it wasn't *technically* from him.  It was from one of his co-workers.  I think they were drunk.  She was all like "I'm calling to recommend A.  He's a fucking awesome person.  And you're fucking awesome.  And you two need to fucking get together."
 
Um.  Srsly?  What?
 
I think, if I were in my early 20s, I *might* have thought that was kind of sweet/cute/romantic.  But, now, I'm all like, well, srsly?  What?  If you want to date me, grow a pair and ask me the fuck out. 
 
And, right now, it may not be likely that i'll agree to a romantic relationship.  I can be a friend.  We can be drinking buddies.  But, with C in the picture.  And with M in Las Vegas.  And with my possible impending re-surgery in a few months.  Plus, all the work shit that is going on, I really don't have the time/energy for anything else.
 
In other news, after work today, I'm going to get my hair cut.  Yay!
 
And, I am hoping to meet up with C at some point this evening.  Not sure if that will happen.  I told him I would be free last night and tonight, and he said he was busy last night.  So maybe he is not busy tonight?  Who knows?  Even though I like him, I don't think he is quite meeting my communication needs.  If you remember, I'm a planner.  I like to have plans.  Not having plans stresses me out.  So, right now?  I'm a bit stressed.
 
Tomorrow, is SCGB's Birthday BBQ at his place.  Eric from Baltimore is coming down.  Tomokito probably can't go.  So, I think Eric and I will do dinner with her first.  And then meet the BBQ-ers later for drinking and merry-making.  I invited C to this event as well.  and got a definite maybe.  After the BBQ, everyone is going to Town for crazy all-night dancing.  I may have to pass on that part.  I'm still not 100% sure I'm healed enough to do that.  We'll see how I feel.
 
Also, I need to start training again for the Army 10-Miler. It's on October 9th.  I am so not ready for it.  My plan is to do a short (maybe 2-3 miles) run on Sunday morning and see how I feel afterwards. 
 
And, that's my weekend.  In a nutshell.  We'll see how much of this actually happens on Monday, right?
 
Have a great one!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Interesting phone call. Makes you wonder doesn't it. It's Friday night...if nothing better comes along, there is another sock in your future. Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phone message sounds pretty childish. In the immortal words of Salma Hayek, "I keep waiting to meet a man who has more balls than I do."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, interesting call. I mean it's not a "I'm jus' a lil bit TIP-sy" Craiggers kinda call, but still.

    And really, if ANY of your weekend plans come through, you're still gonna have a more exciting weekend then me. Blah.

    Good luck to ya then.

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sock. I like the specks of color.

    The A call sounds like something tweens would do at a slumber party. But at least you made your mark on him :).

    Your weekend sounds like fun - except for the running part.

    ReplyDelete