Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Update: Party Party Edition

Good morning, Kittens.
 
So, Friday night, I went to my friend's *cough*50th*cough* birthday party.  It was lots of fun.  I drank a lot.  And, then, we actually got a ride to Silver Spring.  Yay!  It was cold out and I didn't want to have to wait for metro.  Once back at my place, SCGB, Tomokito, Eric from Baltimore and I had a margarita before saying good night.  I didn't get to bed until nearly 3AM.
 
Saturday morning?  Very. Hung. Over.  I blobbed around the house for most of the day ... and, then, I went for a run.  The weather was gorgeous. I ran (and walked) just over 6 miles.  Yay!  And, I didn't die.  Yay!  Once I had rested up a bit, I walked up to the Whole Foods (and likker store).  I bought a few ingredients that I needed for dinner and I bought a bottle of wine and a big ol' bottle of vodka.
 
Once home, I made ginger-infused vodka.  Hopefully, it will be ready in time for the post-10K party next Sunday.  Then, I cooked dinner: pesto-braised butternut squash with pasta.  It was delicious.  Nom nom nom.
 
Later that evening, Tomokito and SCGB came down and we watched bits of "Mommie Dearest" and finished the bottle of wine.  Yay!
 
Sunday morning, more blobbing.  And, then, SCGB drove me to the pottery studio.  I glazed two mugs and a bowl and trimmed a platter.  I was going to trim another platter, but I nearly put my finger through the floor of it.  Which is bad.  I will discuss the situation with the instructor tonight.
 
Oh, and we have a winner in the "Show Me Your Best Mugshot" Contest.  But, I am holding off on announcing it officially until tonight or tomorrow.  (Partly because I may be getting some more pottery back tonight and partly because I don't have the runners up yet).
 
Stay tuned for that exciting announcement.
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*
 
 

2 comments:

  1. In just a short while, you can be running in Decaying Midwestern Center... Running for your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pasta looks good.

    ReplyDelete