Friday, October 01, 2010

One Reason Why I Strongly Dislike One of My Co-Workers

Good Morning, Kittens!
 
Today, I am hosting a Guest Speaker as part of Energy Awareness Month (see my fantastic interactive bulletin board?).
 
I sent out a blast email yesterday afternoon to promote the Guest Speaker:
 
The Energy Program invites you to join us tomorrow at 1000 hrs in the East Wing Lobby for a guest speaker from the Renewable Fuels Association (www.ethanolrfa.org).

 

He will be speaking about the energy and cost saving benefits of using ethanol.

 

Hope to see you there!

 

I got this response from my co-worker:

 

I have a question....since the amount of energy you get from a gallon of ethanol is less then gasoline, how is that cost saving?  DOE's July 2010 report on Alternative Fuels cost comparison on an Energy-Equivalent Basis has gasoline at $2.71 a gallon and to get the same energy from ethanol you will spend $3.25?  I don't see a cost savings here.  If we wanted real cost savings, we should be using CNG at $1.91 for the cost on an Energy-Equivalent Basis.

 

The only plus is an environmental plus. 

 

What I see is typical spin from the Feds.

 

I replied:

 

I'm sure tomorrow's speaker will be more than happy to answer your query.

 

He responded:

 

I'll pass.  I get enough spin reading and listening to the news on a daily basis.

 

WTF? I had to stop myself from sending a sarcastic "Thank you for your continued support of the Energy Program" back to him.

 

Anyway, I hope there will be a good turnout for the speaker despite people in my own office refusing to come.  And, at the end of the day, I'm heading up to New York (YAY!) for David's Birthday Celebration.  YAY!  Good times ahead!

 

Have a fabulous weekend!  *smooches*

 

7 comments:

  1. rn terri9:53 AM

    Your co-worker is an ass. Have fun in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn those sneaky Fed spin artists! And yeah, your co-worker IS an ass. Have fun in NY!

    -Liz (not Fiona the dog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO hate that. And then when they have a lengthy email discussion with you spanning 14 emails and you are all - I just set up the meeting Beach Ball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the bulletin board (the vast experience I have with bulletin boards as a preschool teacher make me an expert, I think). LOVE the sparkly letters - so you!

    Have fun at the celebration! Give David (and josh) a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dick. Your response was perfect.

    Have a great time in New York!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coworker is a tool. Can't be bothered to go ask? What a schmoe. Hope your weekend is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. why go ask, co-worker already knew the answer. I'm certain Glennie Beck or Faux News told him that. There's no need ot actually try to research and learn something when you can have all your information spoon fed to you by far right wingnut propagandists for the Republican party.

    Yeah, I work with people like too.

    Just know that co-worker could never in a million years, make a bulletin board a quarter as awesome as yours!

    So you win.

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete