Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Update: It's Still Going On Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

What a weekend. Like, *whew* ... I am exhausted. AND, there is still EVEN MOAR fun on tap for today.

So, Thursday, after nearly being mugged on the train home from work, one of the Alphabet Boys ("I") texted. He wanted to come over. I said no. Thursday night was ME Night. I made a delicious dinner of tofu, bok choy, and mushroom stirfry (using my own homemade habenero hot sauce). And, I had a bottle of prosecco. And, I watched the 3.5 hour Bollywood Extravaganza, Khabi Khushi Khabie Gham. It was amazing. Then, I went to bed and finished reading the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy, Mockingjay.

Friday, I had a hair appointment. Yay. After that, I met Mike Who Makes Cakes for Lunch. When I got home, I had a package: Glitter Bandages! from an anonymous stalker! YAY! They are so fun. Thanks, Mystery Anonymous Stalker Person! I wore one out to da clubz.

Which is what I did Friday evening, Eric from Baltimore and I met Tomokito at the U Street Alero for dinner and many many margaritas. Then, we staggered over to Town. We watched the drag show and then danced until 1ish. We got home at 2. Eric went home. And, somehow, I ended up inviting one of the Alphabet Boys ("E") over. We had superfun teh buttsecks until 4AM. E is sooooooooooooo fine. OMG. But all he wants is the superfun teh buttsecks. No relationship potential. Oh, well. Whatever works.

Saturday? Very. Hung. Over. (and a little sore). I spent most of the day on the sofa, napping and blobbing. Around 4 PM, I headed over to Mike Who Makes Cakes' house to help him do a wedding cake for one of my neighbors. I painted leaves with edible glittery stuff. Fun. Then, we went out to dinner with some of his friends and I went home. Here is a picture of the finished wedding cake.

Sunday? Not as hungover, but very tired. I went for a run (for the first time since I started getting colds, about 2 weeks ago). The plan was to run/walk about 6 miles. After 2 miles, I died and came home.

Later that afternoon, Tomokito, Baby Hana, Emiliano, and I piled into the car and went to the neighbor's wedding. It was boozy good times. We got home around 7. I had cocktails with SCGB around 9. Then, I went to bed. Bed is good.

Today, I am meeting Mark for lunch. Then, having afternoon margaritas with K-Factor and other neighbors. And, finally, heading off to pottery class. Also, stay tuned. There is a contest brewing in my brain. I have 5 mugs to give away and am working on how I am going to do it.

Have a great day! *smooches*

8 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds like me, back in the day. Waaaaay back in the day. But not so far back that I can't remember how much fun it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted. Did you wear your glittery bandaid on your cheek like rapper Nelly? Kind of a rainbow ghetto look.

    Enjoy your last day of a loooooong weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better get ready for that marathon, buddy boy. I am not cheering you on for nothing on the 31st.

    Word ver: gasiness. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tired just reading all that! But oooh! A mysterious stalker who leaves glitter bandages... Life is looking up! :-D

    -Dr. Liz (not Fiona the dog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glittering bandages and The Superfun Buttsechs...what more does one need in a weekend? :)

    HUGS.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Frog Prince and . . . the Ugly Duckling? Oh! But it turns out okay! (Spoiler alert!) She's really a swan and he's an enchanted prince.

    ReplyDelete
  7. rn terri10:06 AM

    What a busy weekend! Now its back to work--yuck!

    ReplyDelete