Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Tired. Bordering on Cranky.

Good morning, kittens.
 
Working 18 9-hour days in a row (well, not including weekends) is hard.  I am tired and looking forward to my four-day weekend ... I really want to spend the whole time sleeping, but I don't think that will be possible.  So far, in addition to the crazy amount of cleaning/ironing/housework I need to do, I also have the following on the agenda: hair appointment, crazy night out clubbing with Eric from Baltimore, wedding, and lunch with a friend.  I'd also like to do a little yardwork.  We'll see if that all happens.
 
Work is insane right now.  I can not find the motivation to get all the stuff I need to get done done.  Thus, it's not getting done.  Even though I do like learning the things I'm learning, I am also sometimes overwhelmed with all the that needs to be done.  Plus the fact that I have the wrong required qualifications for the job ... and if the people I work for ever figure that out, I'm on the unemployment line again.  Somehow, I doubt they will figure that out, but you never know.
 
Also, I haven't been running.  I've been sick.  It's been cold.  And the Marine Corps Marathon 10k is coming up at the end of the month.  Gah!
 
Anyway, enough complaining ...
 
Last night, I made soup ... some sort of curried butternut squash soup that I made up.  In a large pot, I heated up some oil, added some spices (curry powder, garam masala, cumin, chili powder), and sauteed an onion.  Then, I added a whole bunch of veggie broth (maybe 2 cups?).  Once that came to a boil, I added a can of diced tomatoes and a can of pureed butternut squash.  Next, I added maybe a cup of frozen corn.  I let that all simmer for awhile and salt and peppered to taste.
 
To serve it, I put a dollop of goat cheese in a bowl and ladeled the soup over it. 
 
I also had some yummy kalamata olive bread.  Nomz.
 
At that's about it.  So much fun.
 
Have a great day! *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I've crossed OVER that border and right into cranky-pants-land.

    Work is crazy here too. It's like back to school but less fun. Mojo for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri10:03 AM

    I am so NOT motivated at work right now either. I have deadlines coming up with physicals and I am just blah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:21 PM

    Wow! Your soup sounds amazing! I make soup much of the time since it is a favorite food. I use sometimes rice, or different pasta, corn, a potatoe for a base, add broth and run with it. Shrimp, bits of chicken, herbs etc. Deliciouss!

    grumpy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lost me at goat cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also not that motivated these days. But mostly just tired from last week which was exhausting.

    Michelle, goat cheese is da bomb.

    ReplyDelete