Monday, October 04, 2010

Weekend Update: Whirlwind Trip to NYC

Good Morning, Kittens.

*whew* What a weekend! I went up to NYC for "David Pasteelnick's" 45th Birthday Cabaret, which, although it sounds similar, is *nothing* like a Birthday Cabernet ... both do contain quite a bit of alcohol.

ANYWAYZ, so I left for NYC immediately after work ... if you define "immediately" to mean "not even close to immediately." I finished work at 4. My bus was at 5:30. So, I had time to wander around Macy's for a minute and to get food for the bus at Chopt. Of course, then the bus was over an hour late. We didn't board until well past 6:30. ugh.

Which means I didn't get to NYC until after 11 (original arrive time was supposed to be 9:20). Which means I didn't get to Jake's place in Brooklyn until nearly midnight.

Which means I was very tired Saturday morning. I was supposed to meet Nida for coffee in the morning, but I was tired and she had swollen ankles. Instead, I met Y for brunch around 2 at Curly's Vegetarian Lunch. I had this:

NYC4David 005Polenta, spinach, 3 fried eggs, marinara sauce, cheese


Around 5, I headed back to Brooklyn to get ready for "David's" Cabaret. I wore my cute purple UniQlo jeans.

The show was at Don't Tell Mama in the theater district. David was fabulous and funny, of course. Josh was there. And Enrico. And Jere. And we made some new friends too.

Afterwards, some people went to a nearby restaurant, Film Center Cafe(?). It was fun. I had pizza and beerz.

Around midnight, Jake and I headed back to his place. Where we drank more.

Sunday morning? Slightly overhung lazy morning. Unfortunately, I was not able to visit the Mothership (aka UniQlo).

And, then, I had to leave to catch my 1PM bus. Can I just say that the bus stop was about a million times more chaotic than usual? I don't know why. But the MegaBus employees were not getting people to line up for each bus. So the passengers would swarm the bus trying to get on. Insanity. It was like trying to board a bus in Beijing. Srsly.

Oh, and disorder makes some people Very Cranky. Not me. I tend to stand back and watch it all unfold ... especially after being bitched at by some cranky old woman. When I asked what bus they were in line for, she said, "The 1PM to DC. Don't think you're cutting in line!"

I was like, "What? I'm only trying to find the end of the line (you cranky old prune)."

After that, I stood back and watched the madness. When it calmed down and most people were on the bus, I showed the employee my reservation, boarded the bus, and took a seat. So stress free.

Overall, a superfun weekend! And, the few crappy photos I took are here.

Have a great day! *smooches*

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun whirlwind weekend. Public transport is always kind if eww. Unfortunately necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whirlwind indeed. Geez, all I did all weekend was lay around the house. Oh and work. Neither of which were anywhere NEAR as exciting as your weekend!

    Is Josh trying to grow a moustache, or is that jus a shadow?

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel seems to bring out the worst in some people. I'm not sure if it is the stress of leaving a familiar routine or that people get fatigued.

    Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:56 PM

    good news about UniQlo, the new collection was not there on the weekend, it's arriving on the 7th (just saw that in a magazine ad)! You know what this means. Right? You have to come back. -Nida

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe Polt didn't comment on your (cool) purple jeans!

    Sounds like you had a great time : ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for coming up!! It was great to have you at the show and to hang with you after.

    ReplyDelete