Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend Update: Busy Busy Edition

Good Afternoon, Kittens.

Whew! Busy day today! I've planted chrysanthemums and ironed 10 shirts. I still need to take out the recycling, iron a couple of pairs of pants, and clean clean clean ... and maybe go for a run (although I might put that off until tomorrow).

Anyway, good weekend. Friday, I had happy hour at Molly Malones in Eastern Market/Barracks Row. Lots of beer. Maybe a tequila shot. Little food. VUBOQ was a little durnk.

Saturday, very. hungover. Lots of blobbing. And a 3.5 mile run. Then, Carolyn came over and we went to dinner at 8407 Kitchen Bar, a new-ish restaurant near Silver Spring Metro Station. It was delicious ... but expensive ... especially when you add in cocktails, a couple of glasses of wine, and dessert.

After dinner, I went to K-Factor's birthday party at Buddha Bar in DC. It was fun, but the drinks were pricey. And it started to get really crowded. And sometimes really crowded places make me uncomfortable. And the second drink I ordered was bad. So I left a little early. Oh, well.

Sunday, I went to the pottery studio. I made a plate and a bowl. Then, I headed into DC to meet this guy (J?). He was nice enough. Relatively attractive. We sat and people watched and talked for awhile. Then, we went to Commonwealth for a drink and appetizers. The date ended with a handshake. Weird. I can't remember the last time I ended a date like that. Not much chemistry anyway.

When I got home, SCGB and Tomokito came down for bourbon and gossip. Fun!

Now, I think I'm going to take a nap. Yay for Mondays off!

*smooches*

PS. don't forget the "Show Me Your Best Mugshot" Contest! If you want to email me your photo (rather than posting a link in the comments), send it to environyATgmailDOTcom.

1 comment:

  1. Handshakes are for heteros. What gives?

    ReplyDelete