Thursday, October 14, 2010

Not Entirely Random Thoughts

Good Morning, Kittens!
 
Well, as proven by all the comments on my last post, the interest in my "Show Me Your Best Mugshot" contest has been ASTOUNDING!  I can't wait to see all the pictures everyone (or ... um ... no one) submits.    There are 4 mugs in need of good homes, so get to it. 
 
Yesterday, I hosted two guest speakers from the Alliance to Save Energy.  The turnout was amazing (I think the general may have put a little pressure on some people).  Standing room only.  At least 30 people.  I had expected 15-20.  The talk was good.  I hope people learned something.
 
AND, I bought the airplane tickets for my Fall vacation ... I am going to that Exciting Vacation Destination, the Place Everyone Wants to Visit, the City Where Dreams Come True ... DETROIT (and Ann Arbor)!  YAY!  It's a short trip.  I'm flying up on Saturday and returning on Tuesday.  Mostly I want to visit the fantastic cuzin and other friends and get out of here for a little while.  I have the rest of that week off, so I will be able to do some stuff around the house.  Should be good times.
 
Huzzah.
 
Have a great day! *smooches*

7 comments:

  1. Yay for successful talks. That's always the big unknown, will anyone show up.

    I would submit a mug shot, but I don't want you to have to pay for shipping despite my love of your twisty handles. It's far to ship hevy mugs to Canda.

    Detroit's no Orlando, but it's not Cleveland either. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, where else other than Detroit can you find a Sushi/Thai/Korean/Cafe/Restaurant/Dance Club?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love contests, but I am already the proud owner of two fabulous VUBOQ originals! and I want other, less fortunate souls to get a chance.

    (Plus I'm creatively bankrupt at the moment.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel bad about entering, since I already have 2 VUBOQ creations.

    But that probably won't stop me.

    When is the deadline?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna mug....
    Here is my son's mugshot. :)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/rachael.a.hunter/IWannaMug#5528346935646459426

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mug! Here's the link to my mugshot - it's a terrible picture, the way the Gods intended mug shots to be.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tamarisk/5095561587/

    ReplyDelete
  7. And now my entries... hey, i am gay and can't decide...
    http://ramblingalong.com/2010/10/19/just-a-few-mugshots.aspx

    ReplyDelete