Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Weekend Update: Seven Pictures Edition

Good Evening, Kittens.

Over the weekend, I took a few more than 7 pictures. However, I only took seven during the fabulous Puntabulous Pool Party. BUT, to start at the very beginning ...

The bus ride to New York got off to an unpleasant start. First, the bus stop was a madhouse because of some youth soccer tournament that was going on. Kids were everywhere and it was difficult to tell where the lines for the bus began/ended. Then, because of traffic, my bus was about 30 minutes late. Luckily,once I boarded, I snagged one of the much coveted upper deck front seats. Yay.

After much traffic and way too much air conditioning, I arrived in New York City a little after 11, and I got to Y's about 11:45. Very tired. Went straight to bed.

The next day, I met David, Enrico and Josh at the rental car place so David could drive us all out to Long Island. And we arrived at the Puntabulous Pool Party around 3:30. You've probably all read others' accounts of the festivities, so I don't have much to add. Good food. Great booze (if I do say so myself, since I brought blueberry infused gin and green tea vodka). Fun times. So much fun that I only took a few photos, like these:

PoolPartyWeekend 003


PoolPartyWeekend 004What is everyone looking at?


PoolPartyWeekend 005


PoolPartyWeekend 007Michelle and Her SuperCute Hubby, Harry


Adam drove me (and Mikey and Jere) back to the City. I took the subway back to Y's and went to bed. So tired. Sitting in the sun and drinking all day is exhausting!

The next day, I met Jake for brunch. We went to ABC Kitchen, which is just north of Union Square. While enjoying my spinach and goat cheese omelet, I had my first ever New York Celebrity Sighting (thanks to Jake): Jimmy Fallon. Groovy.

After brunch, we walked to Uni-Qlo. I bought two new dress shirts, two ties, a pack of t-shirts, and a hoodie (to wear home because the bus was so cold).

Cute new purple uni-qlo hoodie


Jake found some cute polo shirts. Yay. Then, we walked by Ben Sherman. I was determined not to buy anything ... but they were having an amazing sale: 50% off already reduced clothes/shoes. I saw a pair of shoes I wanted, but decided I didn't want to carry shoes all over NYC and back to DC. Instead, I bought a supercute red hoodie for $40 (reg. price $109). Bargain!

Cute new red Ben Sherman hoodie.


Then, we walked to Highline Park.

PoolPartyWeekend 009"Infamous" Hotel, which straddles the park


Jere and Y joined us there. And Jake left. Then, Jere, Y and I went to Vynl for dinner. Yum.

On Monday, I met Harry and Michelle at the Coffee Shop for an early breakfast. Then, I went back to Y's to pack and take a nap. I got on the bus around 2:30 and was home around 8. Tomokito came down for martinis and then I went to bed.

PoolPartyWeekend 016


I am still tired. *whew* The other 4 photos I took are here.

*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. We were at Uni-Qlo today. My kidlet only got a $10 t-shirt in the brightest hurt-your-eyes lime green she could find. She couldn't find anything else she liked. You were busy busy to achieve so much in only a few days.

    It was great to see you again. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clothes at Uniqlo...but I hate that I have to buy XL there....being non-asian sucks sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great to see you. Twice! Sorry I was a little subdued at brunch. I don't do mornings.

    See you in San Diego in a few months! There. I typed it, so it will happen : ).

    Love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Uni-Qlo! I wish everything was free!

    ReplyDelete