Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week Update: Dallas Edition

Good evening, Kittens!

I'm back from Dallas! Miss me?

The trip was super fun. I met blogger buddies! and I learned a lot! and I made very useful work connections! And it was forking hot hot hot. Plus humid.

So, I left for Dallas bright and early on Sunday morning. The plane ride was uneventful. Once there, I checked into the hotel, attended a brief session on LEDs, and, then, met up with the fabulous Biddy McBidson!

She took me boot shopping! And then we drove to Fort Worth for dinner: enchiladas! and margaritas!

I had my picture taken with a cow of some sort:

Dallas2010 008

and here's me and Bidmeister:

Dallas2010 012

The next day, after work, I met up with Biddy again. And we went out for super yummy pizza. Mmmmmm.

As a courtesy, I won't mention the number of times she tried to kill me. (here's a hint: more than one).

The other highlight of the trip was meeting the beautiful Marathon Mom! We went to this fabulous restaurant, Mi Cocina. And had many margaritas and delicious ... wait for it ... enchiladas!

She is blurry, and fabulous:

Dallas2010 024

And then I conferenced some more. And ate some more. And drank a lot more. And there may (or may not) have been hot buttsecks (twice) with a guy I met.

Then, I flew home. Arrived late Saturday afternoon.

Today, I had a date (with "G"). We went to the Freer/Sackler and Teaism for a snack. He's nice. I likey. When I got home, SCGB came down for Gins and Tonic in my SuperCute new Longhorn Highball glasses (courtesy Marathon Mom!).

And, now, I'm going to call the Parental Units, have a bite to eat, perhaps have another gin and tonic, and, then, go to bed. Work tomorrow. I'm taking a half-day and leaving at noon. I have lots and lots of laundry and cleaning and grocery shopping to do ... oh, and A will be coming over later.

Finally, here is the link to my Dallas pix.

Good night! *smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, although I think, considering the drinks, a lot of what you saw was probably both fabulous and blurry. :)

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU HAD CONFERENCE SECKS! Make me a G&T, Slutty McSlutterson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri10:25 AM

    Gin and tonic, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey mr slutterson (mush is funny)...there may have been buttsecks lol, I can take out the may right? i heard it's nice out in dallas.

    ReplyDelete