Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Update: Crazy Busy Fun Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!
 
OMG.  What a crazybusyfun weekend!
 
After work on Friday, I had a hair appointment.  I have been reblonded.  See?  Then, after presenting the Colornatrix with a bottle of Green Tea-infused Vodka, I metro'ed to Gallery Place/Chainatown where I met my Most Fantastic Cuzin (and her husband) at Jaleo.  I haven't seen them in over a year, so it was So Much Boozy Delicious Fun eating, drinking, and catching up.  Good times.
 
Once I got home, I had plans to go quickly to bed.  Those plans were thwarted by a text message exchange with "I" who, after deciding he didn't want to come over, changed his mind and came over ... (and *ahem* "came" over).  He's a little Chinese guy who lives nearby.  He's little in the sense that he has a small build.  He's actually fairly tall (like 5'10" or so?). The secks wasn't all that, but I guess he would do in a pinch. 
 
  Saturday morning, I slept in.  Yay!  Then, I did a little housework and relaxed before walking to the grocery and likker stores.
 
At the likker store, I bought a fifth of El Jimador tequila, so that I could make this, habernero-infused tequila.  Oooooh.  I think it's gonna be SPICY.  I used the first ripe habenero off my plant.  Yay!
 
Around 3PM, Tomokito came down for gins and tonic and conversation.  Fun.  After she left, I decided to finish up some knitting projects.  I know, crazy, right?
 
First, I wove in the ends and blocked the Never-Ending Baby Blanket of Doom.  Surprisingly, it took less than a year from cast-on to blocking.  Yay me!  Next, I attached the tassels to the Last Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban scarf that I will ever knit.  I promised a friend that scarf for his birthday ... two years ago!  What can I say?  I'm a slow knitter.
 
After finishing my knitting, I started getting a horrible, splitting headache.  It was so bad I felt like I wanted to vomit.  After fighting it for an hour or two, I decided the best thing to do was to go to bed.  I got like 10 hours of sleep.  It was a beautiful beautiful thing.
 
Sunday morning, I went for a 3.5 mile run.  The weather was sooooooo nice and cool.  I think Autumn is trying it's hardest to gain a foothold against the sweltering Summer heat.  After hearing this week's forecast though, I think Summer has a little more time left before shuffling off this mortal coil.
 
After having a cup of coffee and entering to win free tickets in the Shakespeare Theatre Company's Free for All lottery, I went to the pottery studio.  It was supposed to be open today from noon to 5 for Summer students to finish their remaining projects.  Guess what?  It wasn't.  *durrrrrrrrf*  I hate making a wasted trip to College Park.
 
On my way home, G texted to say that he didn't win tickets in the lottery, so maybe we should go to a movie instead.  I told him to hold on, because I was feeling lucky.  Once home, I booted up the netbook and guess what?  I WON!  Yay!  Two tickets to see Twelfth Night.  Awesome.
 
I met G at 5:30 at the theater to pick up our tickets.  Then, we went to Austin Grill for a bite to eat.  The play started at 7:30.  It was awesome.  Funny performances by some of the supporting characters fer sure.  AND, after the intermission, when the long-lost twin appears, I whispered to G, "The twin looks a lot like the kid from Queer as Folk."  After the show, we checked the program and, SURPRISE!, it was the guy who played Justin on the show.  "I thought his nipples looked familiar," I said to G on the way out.
 
For those of you in the DC area, enter the lottery!  The show is so worth it ... even though it is nearly three hours long and, if you live in Silver Spring, that means you won't get home until nearly 11:30 and that you won't get into bed until nearly midnight and your next day at work will be absolutely miserable.  There's no show tonight, so the lottery will open at midnight for Tuesday's show.
 
And, that would be my weekend.  I'm pretty out of it right now.  I think I have a date tonight with D.  I need to text him to see what the plans are.
 
Have a great Monday!  *smooches*

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:34 AM

    I was so expecting to read at the end of your night how you had sex with G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for free tickets and seeing sort-of-famous people. Glad you enjoyed the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri10:22 AM

    No secks with 'G'? God, I miss Queer as Folk, is Justin still completely adorable?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm up to 7 miles now. Who'd have ever thunk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with a little Asian sechs. They're cute. And tiny. In stature. Although a 5'10 Asian sounds pretty freakin hot too me. But I digress...

    It DOES sound like a really really fun weekend!

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby blanket looks fantastic (as does the scarf). You are so cute and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Idol. How'd you learn how to knit? I adopted your way of giving letters to each date now :D

    Sounds like a fun show. I put in for the lottery and hope I win.

    You're such a playa!!

    ReplyDelete