Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Still Not My Puntabulous Pool Party Post

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
Well, this is still not my Puntabulous Pool Party Weekend Post (obviously).  I did work on it this morning, but I need to add photos (and edit, because a post written before 6AM usually has one or two or 500 mistakes).  Maybe I can post it tonight ... depending on how (or if) my date with D goes.
 
Yesterday, after work, I had my first date with F.  We met at Dupont Circle.  I got off work at 5:00, but he didn't finish until 6:30 ... so I spent some time sitting, people watching and reading my nook (currently reading: The Poisonwood Bible).  Once he arrived, we walked to Circa for drinks and appetizers.  We had a really good conversation.  And, he's cute.  Tall.  Bald.  He's also in his mid-30s "I'm happy just being alone" stage.  Which means there isn't much long-term relationship potential.  But what do I care?  It's the Summer of Fun!  We did not have any "fun" after the date.  I walked him to his bus stop (which was near the metro).  We hugged.  Kissed.  And will hopefully see each other in a couple of weeks when he gets back from his summer vacation in New England.
 
I got home around 9:30, which gave me just enough time to futz around before bed. 
 
Today is Laundry Day ... but, as I mentioned two paragraphs ago, I also have a date with D.  I'm not sure what time.  I called him last night, but only got voicemail.  I invited him over for dinner (that way I can still do laundry).  I'm not sure if I will cook or if I will just order pizza.  My house is a bit of a disaster, so I probably should clean before (if) he comes over.  Wash dishes.  Vaccuum.  Clean the bathroom. And I totally need to iron some clothes for the rest of the workweek. 
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Dontcha just HATE it when household chores interfere with 'dates'?

    I say screw the chores...and screw the date! :)

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read _Poisonwood_ a couple of months ago, on the recommendation of a friend who says her father was almost exactly like the father in the book. After reading it, I understand her a *lot* better now. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete