Friday, August 13, 2010

Someone Might Be in a Bad Mood

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
A couple of bitchy little incidents to start your Friday off right ...
 
1.  I had a date last night.  He was fun.  We went to Mova (the bar formerly known as Halo).  I have not been there in ages (like maybe 4 or 5 years), so I thought it would be a nice change.  Check it out again.  See what it's like.  And what is it like?  A pile of smug, egotistical shit.  That's what it's like.
 
So we walk it.  It was early and not very crowded.  The bartender was in the back and we had to wait a few minutes until he came out. Then we had the following conversation:
 
Bartender:  What can I get you?
Me:  Hm.  I don't know.  What would you recommend?
Bartender: (blank look)
Me:  Maybe something summery with lemon?
Bartender: I don't know.
Me:  You don't know?  What do you like?
Bartender: Chocolate.
Me: That's not very summery.
Bartender: *shrugs shoulders*
Me: (thinking) You are an ass. (saying) Fine.  I'll have a cosmo with Ketel One Citroen.
 
Seriously, what kind of bartender can't recommend a fucking drink?  How hard is it to say something like, "Oh.  A gin and tonic is very summery.  Or I like a Vodka Collins in the summer."  Is he an idiot?  Does he hate his job?  Has he ever bartended before?  All of those things ran through my head, until after he rang us up and I was signing the check, when I heard him mocking me with his friends at the end of the bar ... basically parroting what I had said "something summery ... with lemon ..." and laughing.
 
Fucker. You just cost yourself your tip.  And insured that it will probably be at least another 4 or 5 years before I go back to Mova/Halo/Whatever.
 
(Other than that the date was cool.  Good conversation.  Good-looking.  We'll be hanging out again when I get back from Dallas)
 
2. A woman on the metro bumped into me this morning as we were exiting the train, and then turned and glared at me.  Like it's my fault she ran into me.  WTF?
 
3. Thunderstorms.  We have had 3 very strong ones in the past month or so.  I have heard that people are starting to refer to them as the Pepcoplypse (Pepco being our power provider in the area). Guess what, people?  It will probably only get worse.  It's a little thing I like to call "Climate Change" and it's working on giving us a proper smackdown.  Droughts will be dryer.  Storms will be stronger.  Get used to it.
 
And, have a great day!
*smooches*
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Sorry you're in a poopy mood. He was an ass and she was a bitch and mother nature is getting revenge. Hope your weekend improves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Just a lurker... but ditto on what Tam said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should send an email to Halo/Mavo/whatever the hell's manager and tell them exactly what you wrote above. Especially the part about the no tip and not going back.

    Might not accomplish anything, but it'd feel good to know that maybe that asshole bartender is getting some kinda talking to.

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:30 PM

    If it's any consolation I met a Movahalo bartender a few weeks ago and he said the place is about to go under.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the moss is very happy in our area of the globe. it was another wet day in saskatoon. it's been a very weirdly wet spring and summer. for at least this year, our drought is over.

    sucks that you got treated so poorly at the bar. he's probably one of those bar tenders who gets fired on a regular basis and can't figure out why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:46 PM

    In comparison to 40 or 50 years ago, I find American society becoming more and more impolite and verging on uncivilized.

    grumpy

    ReplyDelete
  7. A shitty bartender can be such a buzzkill. HATEZ IT.

    ReplyDelete