Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend Update: Blizzard Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.

I am "working" from home today. Oh, yeah. Federal government closed, but I can't take the day off. Must continue to slave for the Man. *sigh*

So, you may have heard this already, but we got a s**tload of snow on Friday. No official Sligo Co-op totals, but probably somewhere between 16"-20". I am kind of annoyed because our new snow removal contractors only showed up at the beginning of the storm and haven't been seen since. Gah. ANYWAY ...

Great fun was had by the residents of Sligo Co-op.

On Friday night, I had cocktails with Tomokito in her apartment. SCGB joined us later as we sipped negronis and watched the cars slide into each other on the snowy hill in front of our building.

Saturday afternoon, we gathered at K-Factor's apartment for food, games, and drinks. Lots of drinks. In fact, so many drinks, that we created the First Ever Sligo Snow Triathalon (loosely based on my pottery teacher's Greenbelt Triathalon).

We gathered at the track near our building, (1) ran one lap around it. (2) Ran to the middle of the field to do a snow angel. Then, (3) ran to the finish line to do a shot of bourbon. We were very lucky to have an Official Sligo Snow Triathalon Photographer to record this momentous event.

Check out rest of the pictures here.

Sunday was a lazy day of knitting and watching movies and walking to El Golfo with some neighbors for margaritas and Mexican foodz. Yumz.

And, that, my friends was the weekend brought to you by God's Anger Against DC for Approving Gay Marriage.

3 comments:

  1. Now that's my kind of triathalon!

    BTW, my verification word is 'forced'. I'm not sure what the universe is trying to tell me with that one.... Happy Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, I ran errands. Nice life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get the prize for most fun in the snow : ).

    ReplyDelete