Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend Update: Boozy Good Times Edition

Good morning, Kittens!
 
What a weekend!  On Friday, after work, I met C at Matchbox in Chainatown.  The booze and pizza were delicious.  Because my horrible tongue canker sores were still horrible at that point, I had a beer (followed later by a glass of wine).  Then, we headed back to C's place for a night (and morning) o' fun.  I still don't think much is going to happen with C over the long-term.  For the short-term, I am enjoying the now. 
 
Saturday, after C drove me home, I went for a four-mile run.  Then, I blobbed.  And knitted.  Around 3, I left to meet Ray in DC for drinks and dinner.  We started at Bar Dupont, which has a pretty decent happy hour.  From 4 to 6, their specialty cocktails are $6.  Suh-WEET.  The crowd was rather eclectic - typical hotel business types, some families with kids, and barely above drinking age gay African-American boys.  After 3 cocktails (each), we walked up the street to Sette, where we had yummy pizza and a bottle of wine.
 
Needless to say, someone (me) was very. tipsy.  So, I pretty much went to bed as soon as I got home (after drunk dialing M on the walk home from the metro station).
 
Sunday morning, I slept in.  Well, as in as a certain PsychoKitty would let me.  Then, I went to Trader Joe's.  Yay!  Groceries!  I watched some old movies.  I made curried butternut squash and apple soup. I knitted a bit.  Tomokito came down for Manhattans (and then wine). Later, I went upstairs to chill with K-Factor and the Canadian for awhile.  And, finally, I got all my stuff together for work today and went to bed.
 
And, that was my weekend.  Good times, fer sure.
 
In other fun news, pottery class starts back tonight!  YAY!
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. recipe for soup please! I'm obsessed with curried soups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love squash and apple soup. Except when I forget to peel the apples.

    Those canker sores are stubborn, hope they start healing soon.

    ReplyDelete