Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tongue-Tied

Good morning, Kittens!
 
One of us is having a hard time waking up this morning ... and I think it is me!
 
I have these really painful canker sores on the bottom of my tongue.  I am almost positive they are from an allergic reaction to a toothpaste I started using a few days ago (and have since stopped using), Tom's of Maine Cinnamon & Clove something.  A friend suggested it might be a reaction to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), a foaming agent used by Tom's of Maine.  However, I use other flavors of their toothpaste, which also contain SLS, and have not had canker sores.  I'm wondering if I am reacting to the cinnamon or clove oil in the toothpaste.  That would be weird.
 
Anyway, it hurts to talk, to eat, and to drink.  So it hasn't been a fun few days.  Fingers crossed that these sores heal quickly!
 
In other news, my new rug arrived!  YAY!  Here is the old rug.
 
And this is the new one.  It's very bumpy, like getting a foot massage with every step. 
 
I guess that's about it.  Have a great day!
*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. I have three canker sores under my tounge and I ate pho yesterday and there is clove in pho and it made it worse. So maybe you're on to something. I always get them from walnuts and sometimes from tomatoes

    Most brands of toothpaste (and soap and shampoo) have SLS, so I'm sure you would have known before now if that was the issue. I try to avoid them but they are EVERYWHERE! Ack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, also- try putting Tums on them. they are little ulcers and that helps.

    There is a product called Kanka that numbs them if you want to go big guns on their asses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find that beautiful new rug? We're not rug shopping just now, but we could be . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canker sores SUCK! I won't drink orange juice anymore because it causes me to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate canker sores. I get then if I have too much citrus. Love the new rug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both rugs were fine, cause they're both purple, but the newer one's better cause it's NEW!

    Cinnamon hard candy or gum makes my throat fill with canker sores, so I avoid them. But I can eat Cinnamon cookies, or apples with cinammon on them just fine. I've thought the problem is with the gum, candy, the cinnamon's running down my throat over a long period of time, and with the others, it's just a simple quick swallow.

    But then that's just me and my stupid theories. Hope you get better soon.

    HUGS>..

    ReplyDelete