Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Food for Thought

Good morning, kittens!
 
This morning, as I munched on my delicious Asian pear ($0.89*  each at Trader Joe's), I read an article/blogpost/thing on the WaPoDotCom, "The Starvation of America's Middle Class," which led me over to the USDA's Food Desert Locator. Fascinating.  I had no idea about the inaccessibility of food to a great number of people, even in the booming megalopolitan*** DC Metro Area. It made me want to eat.
 
So I gnawed on my Asian pear and thought about apples ... because in a totally random early morning textual conversation w/ M, we were chatting about disco music.
 
And pancakes.
 
and he sent me this video.
 
I think I should go to the Farmer's Market this weekend.
 
And, that's pretty much been my morning.  Last night, I ate a veggie burger and watched "Red."  It was pretty cute (the movie, not the veggie burger ... although, I guess, as far as veggie burgers go on the attractiveness scale, this particular veggie burger was not bad looking).
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*
 
*Whatever happened to the "cents" symbol?**
**Not entirely unrelated, but doesn't it annoy you when people write "200$" instead of "$200"?
***Not that the DC Metro Area is an actual megalopolis, but how often does one get to use the adjectival form of the word?  Not. Very. Often.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to figure out how to pronounce 'megalopolitan'....

    -Dr. Liz (who probably SHOULD know how to pronounce it, but doesn't) and not Fiona the dog (who isn't into multi-syllabic words)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want french toast....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know why the cent sign was left off in the conversion from typewriter keys to computer keyboards but i mentioned some time ago on facebook that i missed them.

    i sometimes put the $ after the numbers when i forget it (or typo it) and don't want to use the backspace or arrow keys because i'm too lazy.

    ReplyDelete