Thursday, September 01, 2011

The Shakes

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
This morning, around 4:30, I awoke, checked the clock, and thought "SWEET!  I still have an hour or so to sleep."  During that hour, I had this dream where I was meeting my boyfriend's family.  We were standing underneath the deck to my house when it started to shake.  "Earthquake!" and we all ran out into the yard ... where we were dive bombed by big exploding balsa-wood gliders (remember those?).  "What a weird dream," I thought after I got up.
 
Later, on NPR, they announced that around 5:10AM there had been a 3.4 aftershock.  I wonder if I felt it in my dream.  That would be KA-razeeeee.
 
Anyway, I went on a book buying spree last night for my nook.  I recently cashed in some credit card points for a $100 Barnes and Noble gift card.  And, since I finished reading "Emma" yesterday on the commute home, I thought I should buy some new books.
 
I bought:
 
"In War Times" and "This Shared Dream" by Kathleen Ann Goonan (I started reading "In War Times" this morning)
"Centuries of June" by Keith Donohue
"Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See
and
"The Family Fang" by Kevin Wilson
 
That should tide me over for awhile.
 
In other news, today is my Friday!  Yay for 4-day weekends!  I'll be heading to Philadelphia tomorrow morning, returning on Sunday evening.  David is meeting me there.  I'm hoping we can catch one of Lora's improv shows.  And do lots of fun touristy things!  Like eating and shopping and going to the art museum.  Good times.
 
Finally, it's Cocky and Rude Fight Club Round 2.  Go vote for me (as many times as you want), if you want.
 
Have a great day and a wonderful and safe holiday weekend!
*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you! Travel safe and be careful of earthshakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earthquakes are interesting, but the much more interesting question is to ask who was your boyfriend in the dream?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay books! And 4 day weekends.

    Have fun in Philly

    ReplyDelete