Friday, September 30, 2011

A Few Things Have Happened

Good morning, Kittens!

So, Monday at Pottery Class was good. I made a large, shallow fruit bowl like thing. I think it will be pretty stunning if it turns out (meaning, I don't screw it up at some point). I left class earl because I was sooooooo tired (after sleeping poorly Sunday night).

Tuesday, I struggled through work. The day seemed to drag on and on and on and on and on. But, eventually, it was Go Home Time. And I arranged to meet M in Downtown Silver Spring. We walked back to my place, talked, caught up, had a good time. I made dinner - Red Curry Sweet Potato and Black Bean Stew over red and black rice. It was pretty tasty. Then, we watched the best worst movie (possibly) ever, Burlesque and ate Haagen-Daaz. After the movie, we went to bed ... and didn't get much sleep (if you know what I mean *wink wink nudge nudge*).

It was great to see him again. And, I realized how good being with him makes me feel ... It helped me put my wacky dating life into perspective. Why do I bother to go out with guys who seem to try to make me feel bad, rather than be supportive? I put up with a lot of crap, and I need to stop doing that. If you can't be bothered to learn my cat's name because "you don't like pets," well, I can't be bothered to go out with you. Even if M and I don't work out in the long-term (or the short-term, for that matter), I liked being reminded that there are guys out there with whom I just click. Of course, I am hoping that something more will eventually happen with M (once he moves back to the area). That would be good.

On Wednesday, I did laundry.

And, yesterday, there was a shit-ton of work drama involving my contract. It was all resolved, but it was stressful while it was happening. When I got home, i ran 4.5 miles. I had originally planned to run 5, but it got dark more quickly than I had anticipated.

Today, after work, I am meeting a friend for happy hour at Bar Dupont. And i have no other plans for the weekend, other than grocery shopping, ironing, cleaning, pottery studio, and watching episodes 3 -5 of "Downton Abbey."

Have a great day and fabulous weekend!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Yes - no more dating guys who try to make you feel bad. Hold out for the supportive letters of the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing my fingers for you and M! Good resolutions, too.

    ReplyDelete