Friday, October 14, 2011

Where Has This Week Gone?

Good Morning, Kittens!
 
I have fallen a bit off the blogging bandwagon, so I have quite a few things to fill you in on.
 
Monday, I was one sore puppy.  I guess running 10 miles will do that to you.  After pulling myself out of bed and getting all cleaned up, I hobbled into DC, where I met my friend, CJ, for lunch at Sei in Penn Quarter.  The food was good (if a bit overpriced).  Then, we went shopping.  I didn't buy anything.  Yay me!
 
I went home.  Blobbed.  And, then, drove to pottery class.  I didn't do much.  I glazed several things.  I hope they turn out well.
 
For some reason (old age?), I can't remember what I did on Tuesday evening.  I'm sure it was SuperFun and you should all be jealous of me.
 
Wednesday, I hosted a guest speaker at work from DC Water.  She was awesome (and we got free water bottles!), but the turn-out was lower than I had hoped.  Oh, well.  I am having two more guest speakers come in later this month (it's Energy Awareness Month!).  Maybe more people will show up for them.  We shall see ... If not, I think I'm not going to bother with it next year.  Once home, I did laundry and talked to my BFF from college.
 
Last night, G-Force and the Nuge came over.  We had post-Army 10-Miler drinks on Sunday.  During that time, it came up that the Nuge does remodeling/construction for a living.  He offered to take a look at my kitchen and help me with it.  Suh-WEET!  So we had a bottle of wine, some snacks, and some serious kitchen talk.  Good times.  If all goes well, maybe I can get this kitchen shit together soon.  Yay!  It would be so nice to have a kitchen with counterspace, drawers, storage space and a working oven.
 
I had really wanted to make this soup for dinner; however, Whole Foods was out of canned pumpkin.  They had canned pumpkin pie mix (which I thought would've been GROSS in the soup).  Disappointed.
 
Today, we are watching the documentary, Tapped, during lunch as another Energy Awareness Month activity.  This evening, Eric from Baltimore is coming down.  He, Tomokito, and I are heading out to paint the town pink (with glittery sparkles).  Tomorrow, depending on the weather and my hangover, I may be going up to Northern Maryland for a Autumnal foliage viewing trip with a friend.  And, on Sunday, I will go to the pottery studio.
 
I am off -again!- on Monday.  I don't really have any plans, but I do need to devote some time to cleaning and decluttering.  I don't want to become a hoarder!
 
Have a great day and a superfab weekend!
*smooches*

1 comment:

  1. Consider me jealous. That soup sounds delicious (minus the cheese, of course). Have fun sparkling up the town!

    ReplyDelete