Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekend Update: Run Like the Wind Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

As you may recall the Marine Corps Marathon and 10K were on Sunday. I had to wake up VERY early (but not as early as Tomokito). I was out of the house at 6AM and at the starting line for the 10K a little after 7. Ray met me there. We huddled together with the frozen masses until it was time to start (at 8!). OMG. It was so cold. And there were several icy spots on the bridges. Yikes. Fortunately, neither of us fell and broke a hip.

So here are my results:

Time: 0:57:14
Overall Place: 1584 (out of 6867)
Sex Place: My house. Haha. 1002 (out of 2708 Males)
Pace: 9:13/mile

Not too shabby, eh?

After the race, Ray went home, and I crossed the bridge to cheer Tomokito on (as you may remember, she ran the actual marathon). I met my neighbor, K-Factor, at Mile 10 (just under the Kennedy Center). Tomokito saw us before we saw her. Crazy.

Then, we went to have food (K-Factor and I. Tomokito was still running). And, we managed to catch her again at Mile 15-ish. And, then, we walked to Mile 20 to watch Tomokito Beat the Bridge (you have to make the final bridge before 2PM or you have to board the Bus of Shame and get driven to the Finish Line). She made it with plenty of time to spare. She also totally ignored us as we were yelling and screaming for her. Apparently, Tomokito was more interested in her Gu than in her fan base.

K-Factor and I walked back to her car and drove to Silver Spring. I finished the vacuuming and sweeping. Then, I took a nap. Then, I showered and got ready for Tomokito's (and the rest of Team Run for Japan) Congratulations Party. It was a lot of fun. The chili I made was delicious (Oprah's Pumpkin Vegetarian Chili). and Mike (Who Makes Cakes) made a cake:


A good time was had by all. I didn't get to bed until around 11. So very tired.
And a little stiff this morning. Ow.

Have a great day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. What a cool cake. Congrats to you on the run!

    I am making that chili tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:08 PM

    I found you easily because you were wearing that orange jacket:-) Thanks again for cheering me and throwing the fabulous party!

    ReplyDelete