Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Update: Hot Mess Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

What a wack-o-matic weekend. So much fun. So much booze. So much hangover.

On Friday, after work, I met SCGB at 9 (the bar formerly known as Mova which was formerly known as Halo). Same great bar. Same great 2-for-1 Happy Hour. I had two delicious Makers Mark Manhattans (dry, with a twist). SCGB was drinking Dark and Stormies. Nomz. One of the bartenders was SuperCUTEZ! He reminded me both in looks and voice of the guy I was dating this summer who disappeared. Needless to say, I gave him a big tip. *wink*

PERVY MONKEYS!

SCGB and I left 9 and had dinner at Thai Tanic. Oh, the Thai restaurant puns. They keeeeeeeeell me. BUT, Thai Tanic is so delicious. I hadn't eaten there in ages and had forgotten how truly yummy it is. I had veggie drunken noodle. So spicy. So good. Mmmm.

Then, SCGB and I parted ways. On the way home, I stopped by the Whole Foods and bought a pumpkin to carve. And, I had to carry the damn thing home because I missed the bus. Heavy pumpkins are heavy.

Saturday morning? Slightly overhung. But, I did manage to go for a 7 mile run. Yay me! I did a little tidying up, and took a couple of photos for my 2012 Puntabulous Calendar (I'm March).

Around 3, Tomokito and Hana came down to carve pumpkins. Later, K-Factor and the Canadian and their niece (who is a little younger than Hana) joined us. Good times.

After they left, I contacted a gentleman caller who I went out with once before (several months ago). He didn't call back, so I busied myself making dinner. Then, he called. He said he would pick me up in about 30 minutes ... which was not enough time for me to finish cooking/eating dinner (big. mistake).

We started off at 8407(?) Kitchen Bar, the over-priced restaurant with good cocktails near Silver Spring Metro Station. We each had two cocktails at the bar, but none of the food was appealing to me (plus, the food there is v. expensive. Like, srsly, New York City prices in fucking Silver Spring). Anyway, the guy (who we shall refer to as V) paid. Yay!

Then, we walked to the Fire Station. Which is a restaurant. In an old fire station. We had chocolate martinis there. I had two. And, let's just say that 4 cocktails on an empty stomach makes for a very durnk VUBOQ.

"How drunk?" you might ask. So drunk that V and I were making out at the bar. I don't normally do that. He is a very good kisser, though.

So drunk that we made out in his car in the parking garage.

So drunk that there may (or may not) have been reciprocal oral secks in his car in front of my building.

Um. Yeah. I was beyond beyond.

BUT, it was super fun. And, I hope I haven't scared him off from wanting to see me again.

Needless to say, Sunday morning? Very. Over. Hung.

Somehow, I managed to get to the Whole Foods to buy some chrysanthemums (3/$12 ... I bought 5). And plant them.

And, then, I drove to the pottery studio ... without my wallet (oops).

I trimmed one large bowl. However, hangover + spinning pottery = very bad idea. Totes queasy. So, rather than throw any more pots (and risk throwing up), I drove home.

And, then, I walked to El Golfo for the wonderful healing power of spinach enchiladas and sangria.

Once home, I made habenero hot sauce. And did a little knitting. Ate dinner. Drank wine. Went to bed.

Today, I have a dermatologist appointment. I have to go to Trader Joe's. And, I have pottery class in the evening. Good times.

Have a beautiful day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. There's something kinda sexy about those little peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love your blog. You are tooo funny and you know how to have fun. I'll have to come back and visit you again.
    beneaththeelmtree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Thai Titanic fondly from when I was in DC for research many years ago. It is nice to know it is still open.

    Ah -- the drunken public making out. If I had a nickel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thai Tanic - love it. We went to the big fall craft fair this weekend. One of the booths was selling flavored vinegars and oils. I tried the habanero balsamic vinegar and thought of you. It was super good.

    ReplyDelete