Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend Update: Presidents' Day Edition

Guten Morgen, Mein Kittens!
 
Happy Tuesday!  So, my weekend was quite exciting ... well, not really, but it was still fun.
 
Friday, after work, I came home and sat on the sofa. 
 
Saturday morning, I woke up.  And did a little cleaning.  My building was having our doors and trim in the hallways painted.   So my door got painted.  Yay.
 
Saturday evening, Tomokito came down and we had martinis.  Yay!
 
After she left, I made some dinner and knitted and watched "Rush Hour 3."
 
Sunday, I blobbed around and then went to the pottery studio, where I threw these two soup mugs (I attached the handles in class on Monday).  When I got home, I changed and met a guy (who I dated during the summer, wanted to date more, he flaked out b/c of a variety of personal issues which he seems to have sorted out, and now we have been on two dates since then) in Downtown Silver Spring.  We saw "The King's Speech," which was good but not great.  The acting was awesome.  I think it is something I could've waited to see on DVD though.  After the movie, we ate Thai food.  Then, he drove me home and we made out for awhile in his car.  He's supernice and I have a great time when we are together; however, I still have some concerns about everything.  Thus, I am approaching it slowly and cautiously.  I do very like him though. We'll see what happens.
 
Monday, SCGB hosted a delicious brunch for the neighbors.  Tasty boozy deliciousness.  I had many mimosas.  And lots of good foodz.  The brunch ended around 2.  I went home and took a two hour nap.  Yay!  Once up, I made some tea.  And, then, I started thinking about dinner.  I decided to cook a recipe out of Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian": Chard with Shallots and Oranges.  Except I didn't have any shallots, or enough sugar, or sherry vinegar.  I left out the shallots, cut the sugar in half, and substituted rice wine vinegar.  I think it came out ok.  Although perhaps a bit less tangy than in should have been.  If I make it again, I might use grapefruit instead of the oranges.
 
After dinner, K-Factor and I went to pottery class.  I spent an inordinate amount of time trimming the lid and body of this cannister.  Then, I worked on the aforementioned soup mugs.  On the way home, the sleet started.  I hoped for a 2-hour government delay, but it was not to be.  *sigh*
 
Hope you have a great day!
*smooches*
 

5 comments:

  1. I love your canister. The shape is perfect. Good for going slow. Enjoy your short week. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the canister more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the canister the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw King's Speech in the theatre TWICE. Love Colin Firth. Love. But, I am a junkie for British royals...already have day scheduled off for the wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the canister. Hope we get to see it again after it's finished.

    ReplyDelete