Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Update: I Won an Oscar Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
OK.  I didn't win an Oscar ... but I did come out as a 24-year-old gay professional Cricket player, I just wish the papers would spell my last name correctly.  *sheesh*
 
So, lessee ... weekend weekend weekend.  Friday, I had happy hour at Nellie's with SCGB and some of his former classmates.  I left around 8.  Got home.  Ate food.  Drank wine.  Went to bed.
 
Saturday, I blobbed on the sofa.  I did a little cleaning.  I went to the grocery store.  I went for a 3.5 mile run (even though it was a little on the chilly side).  I made mashed potatoes. That night, I headed up to Tomokito's for wine and conversation.  SCGB stopped by for a little while.  I didn't get to bed until after 1.  How did that happen?
 
Sunday, I went to pottery studio.  I made this. Then, I went to a neighbor's apartment to watch the Oscars.  Good times. 
 
The other excitement is that I have this weird itchy rash all over (especially on my torso).  I think it is a combination of dry skin and an allergic reaction.  I spent most of the weekend trying to figure out what could be causing it.  At first I thought it might be from laundry detergent (and doing laundry at the laundromat).  But, I've been using the same detergent for nearly a year.  Then, as I was making my morning pot of tea on Saturday, it hit me.
 
I'm using a different tea than normal.  I ran out of tea bags earlier in the week and, one morning, I remembered that I had some tea leaves a friend brought me from India.  I am wondering if the tea might be the cause.  Maybe they used some weird chemical to process the tea?  Who knows? 
 
Needless to say, I have stopped using the tea.  Hopefully that will help. 
 
Meanwhile, I am trying not to scratch.  *ugh*
 
Hope you have a great day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the rash.

    So I'll expect you to explain the cricket rules next time we meet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri10:09 AM

    Bummer about the rash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Cricket!!!

    Awwww yeah....you gotta watch that stuff from overseas. I bet it is the tea. You are lucky it's just a rash LOL! feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it wasn't the mashed potatoes. That would be tragic.

    ReplyDelete