Friday, February 25, 2011

Good Intentions

Good morning, Kittens!
 
Happy Friday!  *does a Happy Friday My Co-Worker Brought in Doughnuts Dance*
 
Yesterday, I intended to go to the gym ... of course, we know what the Road to Hell is paved with, right? (Hint: Going to the Gym Intentions).  I got off the Metro at Silver Spring Station with enough time to catch the 5:41 bus.  It may have been early.  I may have missed it, but there were people waiting at the stop.  A #12 Bus arrived, but I knew a #15 would be along soon (and the #15 is a more direct route home than the #12).  At about 6PM, I started to wonder where the bus was, so I checked the schedule on my phone.  There should have been buses at 5:41, 5:49, and 5:57.  There were not.  The next bus was scheduled at 6:05.  At 6:06, I decided to walk home (in the rain).  I was about 5 minutes from home when a #15 (packed to overflowing) finally passed me ... which means it didn't leave Silver Spring Station until about 6:15.  Seriously,  WTF?  One should not have to wait nearly 30 minutes for a bus during rush hour. 
 
When I finally got home, I was well-peeved and not wanting to go to the gym.  So, I made a martini.  Well, I was going to make a martini.  But I was OUT OF GIN!  GAH! 
 
Life is so cruel.
 
And, my weekend plans:  Tonight, I may be going to happy hour (depending on if I can convince anyone else to go) at Nellie's.  Saturday, I am doing house work and I may be meeting up with the Guy Who Says Like A Lot.  Sunday, I will go to the pottery studio, and, afterwards, I might go to Mike Who Makes Cakes' house.
 
Fun times, for sure.
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*

1 comment:

  1. One could have used vodka. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete