Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Weekend Update: Nothing Could Be Finer Edition

Good morning, Kittens!
 
I am back from a fun-filled weekend in the Carolina Sunshine.  Yay!
 
Friday, after work, I met my friend, and college buddy, Karalee, for dinner at Mandalay.  It was delicious.  And we had a good time catching up.  It's been almost a year since we last got together.  Once home, Tomokito and I had cocktails.  And, then, I packed for my trip to Durham.
 
I left early Saturday morning on the MegaBus.  It made really good time.  And, after a stop in Richmond, I arrived in Durham about 25 minutes early.  Isa picked me up and we went to get food.
 
Actually, I lot of this trip involved Isa and me getting food.  Mmm.  Eating.
 
Saturday evening, we did a little shopping at A Southern Season.  I bought Moravian Ginger Cookies and Spicy Cheese Straws and Chocolate!  Yummy.  The Cheese Straws were for SCGB for taking care of Miss Isabella while I was out of town.  The Ginger Cookies were for Tomokito's husband (and Tomokito), who waited around for my new Verizon iPhone 4 to be delivered (since I was out of town).
 
Later, we watched Dana Carvey on SNL.  Parts of it were v. funny.
 
Sunday, in the morning, Isa and I did lots of prepwork for our Super Bowl eating festivities - 7 layer dip, banana bread, veg chili, mac 'n' cheese, chocolate cake. Then, we went shopping. And eating.  I bought a new rucksack.  Yay!  It is red and black plaid.
 
That evening, Isa's husband Ken arrived.  We ate.  And drank.  And watched the Super Bowl.  The gold team won!  YAY!
 
Monday, we went out for brunch.  And then we wandered around a cute little shopping district.  And, then, I got back on the MegaBus home.  It was a great trip.  So good to get away.
 
And even better to come home to a new Verizon iPhone 4!  YAY!
 
(p.s. if you want to play me on Words With Friends, my ID is sed317)
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Durham is the publishing home of NERPoD. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. word to the wise: Vuboq is sneaky good at words with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is not dieter friendly. Now I am craving banana bread : ).

    SNL did have some funny moments. It was nice to see some old school characters return. And damnit if that Bieber isn't growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rn terri10:12 AM

    The food sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete