Friday, February 18, 2011

February Fake-Out

Good morning, kittens.
 
Today the temperature is supposed to reach a high in the low-to-mid 70s.  WTF?  "Is it still February? Has Spring arrived," you ask, as you start dusting off your patio furniture and polishing your margarita glasses.
 
Alas, I fear it is still February.  And this Cruel, Cold Bitch of a Month is Faking Us Out.  72 today.  Forecast of snow on Tuesday.  Mmhm.  That's right. Snow.  On Tuesday.  I would like to note now that February Sucks.  I am so glad it is the shortest month. 
 
Meanwhile, there is happier news for gay couples in Maryland.  Let's hope that this is not a February Fake-Out as well.  Because I so want to be gayrried to my partner of the past ... oh, wait.  Nevermind.  Well, all you happy gay couples in Maryland (and maybe some of the unhappy ones, too), make sure to invite me to all your weddings.  Perhaps I will catch the bouquet(s). 
 
In other news, I had a bit of an illness relapse this morning.  Yuck.  Now, I'm thinking happy hour tonight might not be such a great idea.  We shall see how I feel around lunch time.  Not many plans for the weekend.  I hope to be going to the pottery studio on Sunday afternoon and then catching a movie with a friend.  Monday, SCGB is hosting a Presidents' Day brunch.  I should probably go to the laundromat on Monday too (since our washing machines *still* seem to be borked).  Good times.
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Who ever is in charge of your laundry room needs a good swift kick in the shins.

    I haven't been to a wedding in AGES. Someone, get married and invite me. Enjoy your long weekend, it is a long weekend here for EVERYONE except us federal employees. Sucks. Oh well, no traffic Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that damn groundhog really is putting the pressure on me to get my garden shit in order. WE better not have any more snow. You need to drink lots of gatorade, which I am sure you have been doing. And then if you want to hang with the happy hourists then maybe some mojitos! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo to relapse! Yay for 70's! Boo to snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. darn! i'm sorry that you're back to not feeling well, and on a friday too! that sucks, and not in a good way.

    yes, february is totally screwing with you. four days ago we were basking in the warm thaw of temperatures just above freezing and this morning when i went to start the car to drive home it was -29. do.not.trust.february.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A relapse? That sucks.
    As does laundry.

    Hope Sat. and Sunday find you feeling perky.

    ReplyDelete