Friday, December 30, 2011

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?

Good Morning, Kittens!

It's the last workday of the year! YAY! And, there are only two of us in the office today. YAY! All I have to do is pound out my monthly report for December and, then, I am surfing the internetz for the rest of the day. SUH-weet.

So, last night, I had a first date with this guy, R, who I met on OKCupid. He seems nice enough, but he, like the few other guys I have met on that site, has the slight whiff of desperation about him. Or something. Or a tinge of the crazy. I'm not sure what it says about me since I am also on the site. Or maybe I am sure, but I am unwilling to admit it.

ANYWAY, we met at the Clarendon metro station (in Arlington ... where I did see some guy wearing brown flip-flops (um? hello? it was 30 degrees outside. Put on some fucking shoes and sucks, douchebag!)). On the way to the little coffeeshop place, I unexpectedly ran into my
friend, Carolyn. So totally random! She got a new (and awesome) job in Pennsylvania and is only in town for a few days. We are going to get together for brunch on Monday. YAY! A great way to start the New Year, for SURE!

Back to the date, very nice. Handsome. Very talky. And a bit too into the fitness/exercise/gym scene. Apparently, he used to be overweight and is now all into being exercise-y. I, on the otherhand, have neither been overweight nor have ever been into being all exercise-y.

So, to sum up: nice guy. handsome. possibly slightly crazy. really not much spark. but, overall, worthy of a second date, i think.

AND, for the rest of the weekend ... tonight, I am having a New Year's Eve Eve celebration with Eric from Baltimore, Tomokito, and SCGB. I also invited the young (well-hung) ex-Marine. A couple of days ago he said he might come; however, he is also a little flaky. I am not
holding my breath. We are going to Nellie's for happy hour and then to Alero for foodz. YUM!

On New Year's Eve, I will be spending the day scouring my filthy house. I am determined to start the New Year with a clean (and mostly cat-hair free) home. Then, in the evening, I believe I am hanging out and having sake with Tomokito (and Hana).

Sunday, I am having boozy lunch with A (from two summers ago. He texted me out of the blue last night). And, on Monday (Federal Holiday! YAY!), I am meeting Carolyn for brunch. At some point during those two days, I also need to do major grocery shopping (Hello, $75 Trader Joe's gift card from my parents) and ironing (yuck). And probably some martini drinking ... Y'know ...

Well, have a wonderful weekend and a Happy New Year!
*fingers crossed that 2012 is a good year for us all (but, especially, me)*
See you on the flip side!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. I am doing mostly nothing, but possibly cleaning up some of my ridiculously cluttered house. (Children + enthusiastic relatives who have no other nieces/nephews under 20 + Christmas = loads of paper and plastic crap)
    There will be champagne and there will be snuggly time and there will be me snoring on the couch by 930pm. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm spending NYE, like the last...oh ten years or so, with The ParisPekings. This year, though, I'll have Kris there at midnight, and overnight, which will be fun. To say the least.

    Good luck with A, if anything comes of it.

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the flip side but not wearing flip flops. People are weird.

    I will be home by my lonesome with the cats and the rabbit. The kid has a party so I'm on pick-up duty and will be just hanging at home and reading, or surfing or watching TV or something. Whoohoo. My life is exciting.

    Maybe R was just nervous and next time will be better. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because of the way your text came out, your post almost reads like a poem.

    We're going to a friend's for dinner than out for a drink (or two). But I'll have to iron something to wear first. This is the first New Years in 7 years we won't spend at home.

    Hope you have a terrific New Year vuboq!

    ReplyDelete