Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Weekend Update: Xmas Edition

Good morning, Kittens.

It's a lonely morning here at the office. Where is everyone? I have no idea. Possibly still sleeping off their holiday hangovers ... which is where I wish I could be. Oh, well ...

Anyway, I had a pretty good weekend in NC. My flight on Thursday was uneventful and on time! Yay! So, I arrived around 9:30PM. My parents picked me up. We went back to my brother's house. I ate a sandwich and went to bed. Good times.

Friday, the highlight of the day was meeting several college friends at the Village Tavern. It was great fun to see them, catch up, and hang out. In the evening, the brother, his GF, and I went to a Christmas Eve Eve drinkfest at some bar. Good times.

Saturday, I cooked dinner - Winter Vegetable Sheperd's Pie. I posted the recipe on Facebook a few days ago, I think. Anyway, it was quite tasty. Then, we went to an evening Xmas Eve service. Yes, I went inside a church ... and SURVIVED!

Xmas morning, we all opened our presents. I got a Nike+GPS watch. Yay! and a cute pair of shoes and a nice dress shirt. I also some gift cards to Target, Trader Joe's, and iTunes. Overall, a pretty good haul.

And, on Monday, the parents and I had lunch with Liz (aka. the president of my Greensboro Fan Club) at a Thai restaurant. Fun to see her. The food was kinda *meh*.

And, then, the folks drove me to the airport. I had just enough time for a martini and a G&T before boarding. I arrived home around 7:30PM, picked up my mail from Tomoko, ate a quick dinner, and went to bed.

If you'd like to see some pictures from my weekend, they are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/enviroboi/sets/72157628588602279/

Have a great day!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I hope you waved to Chapel Hill for me... It's been a while since I've been home. Anyway, don't forget about your Park City Fan Club! :-)

    FWIW, there's no one in my office today, either (although that might have something to do with it not yet being 8am...). The boss is out of town this week, but people still seem to get sick this time of year, so it will be quiet, but I won't be The Only One Here...

    :-)

    -Dr. Liz (and not Fiona the dog, who is probably still asleep at home)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos. Cute pig, cute shoes, cute cat. The pic of your reflection in the ornament is fantastic.

    I'll have to go back and look for the shepherd's pie recipe. The mashed potatoes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete