Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend Update: City of Brothers Who LoveEdition

Good Morning, Kittens!

OMG! It's the week before Xmas (and I still haven't drawn my StickSteven Year in Review letter ... ugh).

Anywayz ... I had a mostly fabulous weekend.

On Friday, after work, I had plans to meet up with my friend, Eric (Not From Baltimore). However, I got out of work at 4 and we weren't meeting until 6:30.

So, I did the most natural thing I could think of ... I went to a bar and had several drinks (and read a book). Once we did finally meet up, we had dinner at the Heights in Columbia Heights. It was pretty good. I had the side platter - mashed potatoes, butternut squash, and brussels sprouts. Nomz.

It was a good time.

We parted ways - He to meet up with his bf, and I headed home. And, that's when the fun really started.

As I rounded the construction at Silver Spring Metro Station, I was texting and misjudged the curb. WHOOOPS! And there I fell, arms and legs akimbo. Fortunately, my phone survived with just a few scratches on the sides.

I have a large bruise on my knee and this:

Ouch


Yeah. Ouch. It has scabbed over, but is still kinda painful.

Saturday morning, I woke up early and headed to Union Station to catch the bus to Philadelphia.

I arrived at 30th St. Station around noon. I walked around a bit and stumbled into this really yummy restaurant near Rittenhouse Square, Tria.

They had rosemary potato chips!

Potato chips


And, I had a spinach, mushroom, and cheese panini.

Sandwich


and I may have also had several glasses of wine.

Then, I walked up to Love Park to the Christmas Village. A guy I met online (but had never met IRL) was working at the Mulled Wine Shop. I got a cute little mug filled with mulled wine:

Christmas village


The guy was really nice (and cute ...). We walked around the Village and had a nice chat. I am kicking myself because I forgot to take a photo of us. Oh, well ... next time.

Then, I ventured onto the Philly Subway to go to Lora and Dave's Annual liday Spectacular. And, it was spectacular. They have a lot of friends! And lots of good food. And lots and lots and lots of booze. Lots. of. booze.

Around 9PM, Dave drove me back to the train station ... and I came home on the Amtrak. I think I slept most of the way.

I got back to my place around midnight:30. And went to bed almost immediately.

Sunday? Very. Hung. Over. *ugh*

And, that was my weekend! Have a great day!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. I love that you used the outtake on the internets for all the world to see!

    I also love that you came over!! So much fun. thank you for making the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouchy for the hand!

    Yay for fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete