Wednesday, December 21, 2011

VUBOQ Gets Political (or, well, rants a bit)

Good morning, kittens.
 
I would like to thank the Congressional Republicans for f**king me over.  They say they are all for cutting taxes and blah, blah, blah.  I guess we all know that is a big ol' pile of poop, since they have all gone on their Happy Holiday Vacations while letting the payroll tax cut lapse.
 
I guess when you make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year that tax cut doesn't matter.  Well, it mattered to me.  Without the payroll tax cut, my paycheck is going to drop about $100(ish) a month.  Add to that that with their Congressional Inaction, my metro benefits are also being cut ... which means I will have to be paying about $25-50/month more for public transportation.  AND, (although I can't really blame Congress for this ...), my mortgage interest has increased, so my monthly payment for that is going up about $30/month.
 
So, in total, I'm getting a $150/month pay cut.  $1800 less this year.  Way to spur the economy.  Fingers crossed my company did well and can afford to give me a decent raise.  Otherwise, I will be cutting back, spending less (except on shoes!), and trying to economize.  BAH. 
 
Congress sucks.
 
In other news, I am *almost* finished the StickSteven 2011 Year in Review.
 
AND, I only have one more day of work (after this one) before I fly to NC for the Xmas.
 
Good times, yo.
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Ugh. That sucks. Nothing worse than when they swan off for vacation without a worry leaving the average Joe struggling.

    We are discussing the possibility of "workforce adjustments" aka lay-offs, when our new government budget comes down in Feb/March. We've heard 10% across the board pretty much, and there's no way you can do that without cutting. Of course they will cut full-time employees, then hire them back on contract because that money is in a different pile. Grrrrrr. Don't get me started.

    I have 2 more days after today. Not going anywhere exciting but out of the office for 10 days. Wheeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congress both sucks and blows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a fixed rate mortgage. Seriously. You'll know what you face each month - it seems daunting (my 30 year fixed? oy...), but at least you're not at the whims of the market. Just saying... ;-) Enjoy NC - wave to Chapel Hill for me, please! Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice and whatever else!

    -Dr. Liz (and not Fiona the dog, who really doesn't care about the mortgage as long as it doesn't affect the flow of kibble...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your site is so cool. I'm impressed by the details that you’ve on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. cartier replica jewelry

    ReplyDelete