Thursday, May 05, 2011

Weekend Update: Have You *Seen* the Cabana Boy Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.

Since last night was so exciting (laundry!), I thought I'd fill you in on my SuperBusy Weekend + 1.

On Friday, David arrived. We met at Capitol City Brewing Company (near Union Station) for Happy Hour. Many, many friends joined us ... the SuperCute Anthony, Mike (Who Makes Cakes), Mario, and Tomokito! We (or, well, I) had many many beerz. And, then, we (minus SuperCute Anthony and Mario and plus SCGB) went to La Loma for many many margaritaz and enchiladas! Nom!

Saturday was yardwork day. Prior to the yardwork, I went for a 3.5 mile run. Whilst I toiled in the sun, David went to the gym. Then, we met at Adega for lunch. Eggplant fries. Nomz! And, J joined us towards the end of the meal. I bought a bottle of wine, and the three of us headed home to watch Burn After Reading (and to eat much kettle corn).

Movie over, J and I headed out. J was meeting his brother. And, I, I took the road less traveled by ... I mean, I metro'ed into DC to meet Kris and his friend to go to the KYLIE CONCERT

which OMG OMG OMG was FABULOUS!

My two favorite costumes of the night were ...

This sparkly dress (with some fucking KILLER shoes)

2011 Kylie Aphrodite Tour 34


And, this one which looked kind of like D&G skinned a muppet:

2011 Kylie Aphrodite Tour 28


Admittedly, the hot dancers in their undies and awesome hats were also nice.

The next day, David and I caught the bus to NYC.

Once there, we grabbed a bite to eat (veggie burgers at Lucky Burger). Then, he went home and I headed over to Jake's.

Jake and I hung out for a bit. We ordered Japanese takeout. I went out for a bottle of wine. We watched TV and went to bed.

Monday was my Big Day. I got to the Kings County Superior Court around 9AM. I met with the ADA (so young!). We talked a bit. He talked to his boss. We went over the questions. And, at 11:30, I testified in front of the Grand Jury (sans Raquel Welch-esque wide-brimmed chapeau). It went well enough. I was nervous. I didn't particularly like discussing what happened, but -since it was the Grand Jury- I didn't have to go into excruciating detail.

If you don't know, the Grand Jury decided if there is enough evidence for the case to move forward to trial.

The ADA said they had a few questions, but they would be answered by the eye witness (who was supposed to testify on Tuesday). I should find out their decision next week.

So, I thanked the ADA for his efforts and headed to Uni-Qlo. I shopped like a person who has money and is not about to be inundated with medical bills. I bought some socks, two shirts, a cute pair of slimfit cargo pants, and a SuperCute plaid hooded windbreaker type thing.

Jake met me and we went to lunch at Spring Street Natural Foods (or something like that). I had a martini (or two) and a vegan philly cheesesteak. It was ok. The best part was the bread. So delicious. And, then we had a trio of gelato - caramel, vanilla, and walnut ...

photo.JPG


Then, we walked around for a bit ... and I headed for the bus stop.

I got back to DC a little after 10PM. So tired. Luckily, SCGB picked me up at Silver Spring Metro so I didn't have to walk or wait for the bus. Yay.

And, that was my SuperBusy Weekend + 1.

*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. My God, I'm exhausted just reading all that! Glad the Grand Jury went well. And totally jealous of the gelato trio!

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a "Law & Order" episode. I hope they put the bad guy away this time.

    Love the Raquel Welch hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a perfect weekend - except for the Grand Jury business. I don't know how you manage to cram so much fun into one little weekend!

    ReplyDelete