Thursday, May 12, 2011

Durgh

Good morning, Kittens.
 
It's been a rather disappointing week so far ...
 
Monday, I spent most of the evening working on my resume and cover letters. 
Tuesday, I did laundry.
Yesterday, I spent the entire day in a torturous Health & Safety Training.  Why do I need to know about motorcycle safety?  Why does every employee in our building need to know about motorcycle safety when only about 1% actually ride motorcycles?  The only thing that was getting me through the day was the knowledge that I had a date with J after work.
 
Except, late morning, he texted that he was sick (again) and was back from the doctor.  They don't know what's wrong and he was going to bed, but he left me with the vague impression that our date might still be on.
 
Except, that I didn't hear from him again.  I called around 4:40.  I texted when I finished work.  Nothing.  It's possible that he was asleep.  I decided to go home, go for a run, and eat cupcakes and do tequila shots.
 
I texted one more time around 7.  Still no response.
 
I ended up (finally) watching a few episodes of Mad Men Season 4.  Then, I went to bed.  I called J to say good night.  No answer. 
 
I am worried about him.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well last night.  Hopefully, I'll hear from him at some point today.  I'd stop by to check on him ... if I knew where he lived.
 
Oh, well ...
 
Iin other news, I'm supposed to meet CJ for dinner tonight ... but he hasn't confirmed.  He mentioned something about maybe having to go out of town.
 
And, happy hour on Friday with former co-workers is being postponed.
 
This week has totally gang aft agley'ed.  Can I take a mulligan?
 
*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about all that sweetie. So far this week I'm only batting about 50% with my plans, so maybe it's something in the stars?

    Hope you have a fun evening and that J is well.

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought happy hour plans were sacred and legally binding agreements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huggles. I'm sure J's phone was either off or the battery died.

    ReplyDelete