Friday, May 20, 2011

Looking Ahead

Good Morning, Kittens!
 
The past few days have been rather uneventful.  I did laundry.  I weeded the gardeny goodness (which, by the by, is coming along quite nicely.  Perhaps I'll take some photos this weekend).  I ran 3.5 miles.  But, more exciting than the past is the future.
 
After work today, I am seeing J.  HUZ-ZAH!  He is mostly recovered from his bout with debilitating illness.  We are going to Jaleo for dinner (and maybe back to his place afterwards for a little *wink wink nudge nudge*?).  I am planning to ditch work a little early this evening and stroll around some museums before we meet up.
 
Tomorrow, I am meeting CJ for brunch.  And, then, in the evening, I am going with SCGB to the Gay Mens Chorus of Washington's Spring Gala.  The theme of the gala is "Orient Express" or "1930s Ocean Voyage" or something like that.  Which raises an interesting question: What the hell am I supposed to wear?  The invite says "festive black tie optional." 
 
Um.  OK.  What about those who don't have black ties?  I have ties in several fun colors, but not black.  Can I wear my charcoal gray suit?  Should I research the 1930s to see what people wore on ocean voyages or the Orient Express?
 
OMG.  WTF.
 
Does anyone have any ideas?  Or a black tie I could borrow (preferably one that is festive)?
 
Have a great day!  It's Friday! We we we so excited!
 
*smooches*
 

3 comments:

  1. It seems that "festive" and "black tie" don't quite line up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:10 PM

    Black tie = formal attire.... Not actual black tie... A nice suit with asian theme tie might work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, I think it means dress nicely, but have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete