Monday, November 07, 2011

Weekend Update: One is the Lonelinest Number Edition

Good afternoon, Kittens. 
 
I'm a little late on the post-weekend update because I had to wait for the plumber this morning (and by "plumber" I mean "my friend, the Nuge").
 
So, Friday, after work, I made mashed potatoes and sauteed red kale and quorn chik'n cutlet w/ gruyere.  NOMz!  And then I watched DVDs and drank too much.
 
On Saturday, I was uberproductive!  I got up and went for a 6.2 mile run (checking the route for the Sligo Co-op 10K and Brunch, which takes place Thanksgiving morning).  I took down my Halloween decorations, and I broke my kitchen sink ...
 
Well, in trying to fix my kitchen sink, I made it worse.  Drippy McDripsalot!  Fortunately, the Nuge provided some over-the-phone guidance to staunch the flow of water.  Yayz. 
 
And, then, I divvied up my Habenero Hot Sauce into cute little jars to give away to people who like Habenero Hot Sauce.
 
And, then, I ironed 10 shirts and 2 pairs of pants.
 
And, then, I blobbed on the sofa drinking myself into a comfortable haze.
 
Sunday morning, I was up. very. early.  Time change.  Yay.  So I cleaned.  And started a knitting project.
 
Then, I went to the pottery studio.  Several pieces were out of the kiln, like this one ... and this one. I glazed a little pitcher and a bowl.  And I threw another bowl.  I am almost out of clay.  And there are still 3 more classes left (I think).
 
Once home, I discovered that Isabella had decided to use my knitting project as a fun, new toy.  Yarn!  Everywhere!  and one of my #6 dpns is nowhere to be found.  I love the bamboo needles, but I hate how they are the exact same color as my hardwood floors.  Bah.
 
Later, Tomokito came down and we watched Project Runway Season 2 on DVD and drank champagne. 
 
And, that was about all of my weekend excitement.
 
The Nuge came over this morning to take a look at my kitchen sink.  It can't be fixed without the building's water being turned off.  Gah.
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. What! No pictures of the mashed potatoes?

    The lidded cannister is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- That's an awkward sink design that requires the whole building to have their water shut off. Hopefully the bathroom gods smile upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you're in your 40s, you should know that that whole Drippy McDripsalot thing is likely to happen more frequently.

    ReplyDelete