Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Somedays

Good morning, Kittens.
 
Last night was pottery class.  Some days you throw the clay.  And other days the clay throws you ... I was out of clay.  Even though there are only 3 classes left (and just 2 before the final bisque kiln firing), I bought a new bag.  $25.  I like new bags of clay better than recycled clay.  New bags of clay are clean, heavy cubes.  Recycled clay tends to be soggy and lumpy and sometimes has non-clay things in it (bits of sponge and shredded rubber tools).
 
I won't use all of my new clay in the next two weeks, but there is always next session. Right?
 
And, so I took the new bag of clay and wedged three pieces.  The first one was 3 pounds.  The second and third were between 2.25 and 2.50 pounds.  I turned three pounds of clay into a fairly decent bowl.  And I turned 2.25 pounds and 2.50 pounds of clay into wetter, blobbier blobs of clay.  The clay threw me.  And, after the second failed pot, I knew that I wasn't going to accomplish anything else in class.  So, I cleaned up my work space, shoved the wetter, blobbier blobs of clay back into the bag, and headed home.
 
where I had a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers while I washed the dishes and picked out my clothes for today.
 
And, then, I went to bed.
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*

1 comment:

  1. Only cheese and crackers for dinner?

    ReplyDelete