Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Update: Valley of Shattered Dreams Edition

Good (Yes, It's Still) Morning, Kittens!

What a wacky weekend here in Vutopia. As you may remember, Tomokito, SCGB, and I were supposed to take a road trip to Baltimore on Friday after work. However, due to circumstances beyond our control, we were unable to make the trip. Instead, we had pizza and wine (lots and lots of wine ... as well as some whine) at Casa de Esteban. Good times.

On Saturday morning, I went for a run. I wanted to run about 6 or 7 miles. My knees only wanted to run 4.5. So that's what we did. Listen to your body, Kittens.

After cleaning up, the weather was so nice that I went for a bit of a wander. Farmer's Market. CVS (where I finally found the vitamins I'd been looking for). Caribou Coffee for an iced decaf. Then, home.

That evening, I headed over to Mike (Who Makes Cakes)'s house for dinner and conversation and booze (lots and lots of booze). It was good times with a small group of friends. I got home around midnight, I guess.

Sunday, after a leisurely morning, I drove (eek!) to the pottery studio. I put the handles on a pair of mugs. And I made a bowl and another (potential) mug. The kiln was on so I may have some finished pieces when I go back.

I came home and made pesto.

And, then, C came over. We walked to Downtown Silver Spring and had dinner at Thai at Silver Spring. Then, we walked back. We then may (or may not) have spent the rest of the evening making out on the sofa ... until we decided to move to the bedroom. And, he may (or may not) have spent the night.

Anyway, there aren't going to be any pix posted of C for awhile. I told him about the blog, and he is a bit wary about having his countenance broadcast all over the intertubez. Completely understandable. Also, I finally figured out who he reminded me of ... my friend, Ray. Well, if Ray were a 40-year-old African-American ... It's not that they look alike. It's more the way he says things and his hand gestures which remind me of Ray.

So, we got up early this morning, rolled around for a bit. He left. I went for a 3.5 mile run. Then, I went to see HP7B; however, the place was *crawling* with Summer Camp kids. Ew. I decided to wait until next weekend and go to an early early show (or a late late one). Instead, I went to the Whole Foods and spent too much money.

Later, I'm going to the pottery studio. And, then, Tomokito, her sister, and nieces (who are visiting from Japan) are going to stop by for a visit.

Good times! Have a great day!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. I am also waiting until the waves of kids for HP subside a bit.

    I find that after 30 minutes of intensive running, my body starts to fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont like the accompanying photo. I like my VUBOQ smiling, not down-and-out-y.

    Feel better punkin.

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete