Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How About Some Pottery Pix?

Good Afternoon, Kittens.
 
I was in training (3 hours!) this morning, so I didn't have time to update you on all the excitement in my life ...
Also, there is no excitement in my life.
We need to work on that ;-)
 
Luckily, I had several pottery pieces glaze-fired, so here are some clicky links to pictures:
 
 
My favorite is the brown bowl.  I am loving how the inside glaze turned sort of rusty reddish orange.  Fabulicious!
 
I also trimmed and attached handles to a cute lidded casserole.  I am hoping this will turn out well (but it still has to survive bisque-firing, glazing, and glaze-firing ... so much could still go horribly horribly awry).
 
I am going back to the studio this evening for class.  I have a bowl to trim and a mug to trim and make a handle for.  Then, I still have a shit-ton of clay.  I will try to make some things.  No idea what.  There is only one more class left.  Not much time to do anything overly substantial or labor intensive.
 
On a romantic front, not much is happening ... I will probably be seeing C again at some point (even though he thinks my bed is too hard ... Apparently he is Goldilocks and I am Papa Bear).  I wonder if his bed is too soft ... or just right?
 
And, I guess that is about it for now.
Have a wonderful day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. I adore your lid handle. So cute. Hope it fires well and doesn't warp or something silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your boring bowl is so boring - I think it looks pretty nifty!

    -Dr. Liz (not Fiona the dog, who evaluates bowls solely on their water/food content at any given time...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well here's luck that you get to see for yourself how C's bed suits you. Oh, and the pottery was cute. :)

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great - your pieces are so lovely! I'm glad we get to see them.

    ReplyDelete