Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Weekend Update: Independence Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!
 
What a weekend!  To say that it started off with a bang would be an understatement. 
 
On Thursday evening, I was chatting with a guy on Grindr.  He hanging out in Downtown Silver Spring, so we decided to meet up.  We had a fun conversation.  Then, he drove me home.  He's currently at the beach with his family.  We will probably meet up again once he gets back. 
 
While on the date, I received a phone call from a 1-800 number that I didn't recognize. So I ignored it.  And then forgot about it.
 
Until Friday morning, when I got another phone call (and a voicemail message) from the same number.  The message was from my credit card company regarding possible credit card fraud.  Did I make any large purchases in Modesto, CA on Thursday evening?
 
Um.  No?
 
So, somebody charged over $400 on my card at a grocery store, gas station, and McDonald's (ew).  Luckily my credit card company caught it.  The erased the charges and canceled my card.  *whew*  Bullet dodged.
 
Except, wait.  I only have one credit card.  And I use it for all my purchases.  And I had only about $120 in my checking account.  ACK!  Then, I remembered that my paycheck should be clearing later that day (which it did.  *hurrah*).
 
Of course, that also meant I was going to be cash based for the weekend (and this week, too.  ugh). 
 
After dealing with the credit card mess, I went into DC to have my hair cut and colored.  Yay!  I paid cash.  Boo.
 
Then, I texted Mike Who Makes Cakes to let him know that I would not be going to happy hour with him.  I picked up some groceries, some booze, and went home to chill.
 
Saturday morning, I woke up and started doing some boring house stuff, like vaccuuming, and putting away clean clothes, and trying to repair a drippy pipe under my kitchen sink.  That did not work out to well.  Blood!  Everywhere!  Ouch!  Pain!  Agony!
 
Saturday evening, I had cocktails with Tomokito and some of her friends.  Yay!
 
Sunday, I spent the morning getting ready for my 3rd of July Party.  Steveandbobby and Tomokito (and Hana!) and Eric from Baltimore came over for lots of boozy goodness and snacks.  Then, we went to El Golfo for dinner.  Nom nom nom.
 
Of course, I was schnockered by 9PM, so I went to bed.  Boring.
 
I got up the next morning and went for a 4.5 mile run.  Yay me!  So healthy!
 
Then, I went out to a very boozy lunch with a friend ... followed by boozy time in a sleazy bar ... followed by a nap.
 
Later, Tomokito came down and we toasted our Independence with prosecco.  Yum!
 
Once she left, I got my stuff ready for work, and went to bed.  Good times.
 
And, that's about all that happened.  Today, I am leaving work a smidge early to go to pottery class.  Yay!  Fun!  I'll also be picking up M's car (finally).  Wheels!  Freedom!  Huzzah!
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*
 

5 comments:

  1. That's great they caught the unusual activity. Could have been much more complicated. Mine was my debit card. Only the way I found out was the bank machine kept telling me to check with my bank. Someone had tried to withdraw the max from my account (and several hundred others) in some small town in Quebec. The computers noticed it and shut down everyone's cards. It still pisses me off because I know someone jigged with a card reader at one of the stores I was at in the days preceding, but the bank refused to divulge the culprit. Grrrrr.

    Now you can cruise for boys in your new car. You can be like in that video for Scrubs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg about the credit card! You and two of my friends were scammed this weekend. What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a roller coaster of a weekend! This makes me want to sign into my card accounts and make sure things are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:58 PM

    I LUV Guncle Steven! ---Hana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop getting injured!

    ReplyDelete