Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Week(End) Update: Worst Week(End) EVER Edition

Good morning, Kittens!

As you may recall from my last post, I did something to my back.  Well, it still hurts ... I did manage to go to work yesterday for a half-day.  It was awful.  Fortunately, my client and program managers are allowing me to work from home for the rest of this week.  Yay!  "Work"  from home.

Anyway, I didn't post much last week, because there wasn't much to post.  I mostly stayed in bed staring at the ceiling fan.  I am very lucky to have good neighbors who checked in on me frequently to make sure I was eating and staying hydrated.  On Thursday, the SuperSweet K picked up spinach enchiladas from El Golfo for me for dinner.  (Of course, the next day, he came down with the flu.  Apparently, my bad luck is contagious.)

Friday is when the real fun started.  That night we had a HUGE storm.  Thunder.  Lightning.  Very very frightening.  And, the power went out with a BZZZT.

And the power stayed out.  And it was HOT.  Once again, my very good neighbors came through, making sure that my phone and nook stayed charged, bringing batteries for my flashlights, providing food.  I discovered that cold baths are very refreshing.  The only problem is that sometimes one's very concerned neighbors might walk into one's apartment while one is enjoying a cold, refreshing bath.


On Sunday, I was finally able to move out of the bedroom and ventured to the sofa.  How exciting!  A change of scenery!  And, I remembered something else I could do on my back ...


On Day 7 of Limited Mobility and Day 2 of No Power, I remembered something else I could do on my back. #oldschoolentertainmentI think it's going to be a scarf


On Sunday, I also learned that, yes, it can get worse.  Not only did I have severe back pain and no power during the hottest weekend of the year (so far), but someone stole my credit card number.  Joy. 

I realized that I needed to pay some bills.  After doing that on Bank of America's mobile app, I figured I might as well check out Mint to see how my finances were doing.  Looking over my credit card charges, there was one for $97 at Walgreens.  "Weird," I thought.  "I haven't been to a Walgreens."  I wondered if maybe it was a late charge coming through from somewhere or something.  Still, suspicious.  So, I called my credit card company.  Apparently, the charge was made in person on Tuesday ... in Atlanta.  Well, hm, that might be impossible since I couldn't move from my bed on Tuesday ... in Silver Spring.  So, long story short, I had to cancel my credit card.  My new one should be here next week.  As part of the dispute process, they are sending me a copy of the actual receipt. I will post it when I get it.  I can't wait to see what I bought. 

I put everything on my credit card.  I feel like I've lost a major limb.  Fortunately, I recently got paid, so I have money in my checking account to use my debit card.  Hurrah.

Although I have no idea how my credit card number got stolen, I am blaming the last place I used it ... El Gavilon, a Mexican/El Salvadoran restaurant near my apartment.  It was my first time there.  The food was good.  But, I don't think I will ever go back. 

As with all dark days, there is a light at the end of the tunnel ... on Monday evening, our power came back on ... Isn't this the most beautiful sight ever:


I gots da POWER!!!


And, that about sums everything up ... Have a wonderful day!
*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Weekend from hell indeed. Not to criticize the thieves, but $97 at Walgreens? If I steal someone's credit card, I'm gettin a big screen TV and some jewelry. Glad you caught it early though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I hope you bought something good. But yeah, really, what can you buy at Walgreens? Oh. Unless you're getting stuff to make meth and want someone else blamed. Which could make this whole credit card thing even MORE fun. Oy. Glad to hear you've got electricity back - the weather y'all have been having sucks, and the weather + no electricity = suckage almost as bad as getting arrested for attempted meth manufacturing...

    On that happy note, I'll go darken someone else's virtual doorstep. :-)

    -Dr. Liz (and not Fiona the dog, who doesn't know what meth is, but is pretty certain her canine sister Abby is on it...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, some Walgreens have liquor departments.

    Looking good in the bath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, too4:17 PM

    Sorry about the back, the power outage, and the credit theft. Glad the power came back on so you and the Psychokitty aren't (as) miserable.

    The theft of your card number could have happened much earlier than the restaurant visit. Using the number in person usually means someone had to duplicate your card, not just use the number. Therefore, you may want to revisit the restaurant -- but pay in cash.

    Bath picture and knitting look very sexy. Hope back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When it rains it pours.
    Hope you're up and about soon!

    ReplyDelete