Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend Update: What Olympics Edition

Good evening, Kittens!   And Happy Monday (Thank goodness it is almost over)!

I had a superfun weekend, even though I spent most of it on my back (and not in the *bow chicka bow bow* kind of way).  During the times when I felt I could be vertical, I was very productive.  Yay me!

On Friday evening, I watched the latest Muppet movie, The Muppets.  It was cute.  Funny.  Sentimental.  I say everyone should go out and watch it now!

On Saturday, I did some major cooking ... even though I'm not sure if it is still "cooking" if you don't turn on the stove ... First, I pickled jalapenos (see photo).  I also made gazpacho.  And, then, I made vegan pesto, which I suppose could also justifiably be called "basil puree." 

I was texting with M that day and was telling him about the jalapeno pickling process and he wrote back, "Mmmm.  jalapenis."

Which I believe should now enter the World Lexicon and mean "a very HOT guy,"  as in, "OMG.  Check out that Olympic Diver.   He is a total jalapenis.  Do you think he's gay?  I think he'd be into me ... literally."

*cough* *cough* *ahem*

ANYWAY, after my day o' cooking, I went to a fun birthday party ... Kris (a former blogger) turned 29.  OMG. So young.  So cute.  The party was at his house.  It was short bus ride away.  I took some green tea infused vodka.  His friends were all nice.  There was a minor "incident" in which a guy who I introduced to Kris one night showed up to the party.  Not unusual, I try to introduce my friends.  I like to build connections.  This guy was new to town, so, after meeting him at a party, I invited him out to happy hours and stuff.  Then, he stopped returning my texts/calls, unfriended me on the Facebooks.  I guess I was not a "useful" friend.   And that kind of douchebaggery really pisses me off.  I tried to be polite (which I probably wasn't polite at all).  He works in journalism, but I won't badmouth him to my journalist friends.  I hope he appreciates that about which he will never know.  Hm.  That was an oddly constructed sentence.  Someone fix it in the comments.  I've had too many martinis.

OTHER THAN THAT, the party was SuperFun ... and I am giving too much significance to something that barely registered (because after him asking me twice "How are you doing?" and me saying "Fine" ... that conversation was limited).  Kris' other friends were fabulous!  And friendly.  And his mom stopped by and she is beautiful and charming.

On Sunday, I went to the pottery studio.  I had a few things out of the kiln ... but they were disappointing.  I glazed the rest of my pieces but I am not confident that they will turn out the way I want them to.  One of the handles on my handbuilt casserole broke.  Hm.  Wonder how?  Someone needs to instruct the studio manager not to pick up thing by their handles.  They are FRAGILE before they are fired.  GAH.

Here's a mug ... the inside is f**ked.  The glaze was too thick and it bubbled.  So the mug can't be used for drinking.  Bah.


Inside the Mug


This session of pottery has been highly disappointing.  I guess that happens.

AND, that was my weekend.  Good times, no?

Hope your Monday was fab. 
*smooches*




4 comments:

  1. Anonymous, too9:59 PM

    I like the way M's train of thought derailed!

    Forget the douchebag. He's probably not worth the price of a bottle of Summer's Eve.

    Sorry about the pottery problems. At least the mug can be used to corral pens, pencils, knitting needles, and the like. I have no idea what use a casserole with only one handle would be. Flower pot, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen The Muppets yet, but I want to. Love their other movies.

    I hope your back feels better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I've run across douchebags like that. Its funny when we're at some social event and then they try to be all friendly. I have this way of shutting them down immediately and moving on.

    As to vegetarian pesto - the way it's made around here is basil, pignoli, garlic and oil. Nothing in there that isn't veggie based.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Jalepenis"? Hahahahahahah! That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete