Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weekend Update: Pickled Edition

Good evening, Kittens.

I know, I know. I haven't blogged all week.  BUT, in my defense, I think you would've gotten tired of posts that were all "my back hurts" and "work sucks" and "did I mention that my back hurts?"

So, consider yourself lucky ...

Of course, my back *still* hurts.  I am taking the Miracle Pills and using the heating pad and trying to do some stretches.  Let's hope it gets better soon.  I am really tired of walking around in constant pain.

In other, non-back-related news, this weekend, I made pickles for the first time.  It was so easy!  and they are so delicious!  I used this recipe and some white cucumbers from our CSA farm share.

I also made this super-yummy lemony green bean salad (using green beans from our CSA farm share):


Lemony Green Bean Salad = Tasty! Yay!


And, today, I drove to the pottery studio and made this:


Handbuilding. Because using the wheel hurts.


It's handbuilt.  I trimmed a vase on the wheel and quickly realized that bending over the wheel was painful.  I doubt I will be throwing any more pots for the rest of the session.  Bah.  Double bah is that one of the mugs I made this session had its handle mysteriously broken.  WTF?

Fortunately, I have learned that one should not become attached to any pottery until it is glazed and safely in my home.   Saves on the heartbreak when another student's stupidity (or my own) breaks something.

And, that's about all the news on this end.  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Christopher in Aotearoa NZ3:34 AM

    Dunno how big that handbuilt thingamajig is, but if you put holes in the bottom of it, you could use it as a planter and plant out herbs and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that I pickle is my liver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pickles look good. So do the green beans (minus the cheese).

    ReplyDelete