Airplane Ick
"Good" Evening, Kittens!So, it seems I caught a bit of the Airplane Ick. I felt fine when I returned from Vegas on Monday night. And, I awoke on Tuesday refreshed and ready to take on the day. However, by lunchtime, my throat started to feel a little rough.
After lunch, I went to the drugstore and purchased some Airborne chewable tablets. Unfortunately, by Go Home Time, things were worse. I stopped by the Whole Foods to purchase ginger and lemon to make my ginger/lemon/cayenne elixir. It helped; however, when I got up on Wednesday morning, I knew I couldn't make it to work.
I had to take a sick day, which sucks because I don't have much paid time off (PTO) left. My PTO reboots on March 1st. I think I may have to take some unpaid leave for the upcoming President's Day holiday. We shall see ... *ugh*
Anyway, I lounged around all day Wednesday, napping, reading, watching DVDs. I did manage to do a load or two of laundry. And make a delicious black bean soup. At least, I am assuming it is delicious. With the copious amounts of snot blocking my nose, I could only taste the cumin in it. Good thing I like cumin.
Today, after a very unpleasant night of little sleep, I felt well enough to go into work.
Hopefully, I am on the mend ... If I survive work tomorrow, I am planning a relaxing weekend of staying at home. I might do some grocery shopping and go to the pottery studio on Sunday, but that will be about it.
Have a great evening!
*smooches*
Boo to illness! Yay for recovery!
ReplyDeleteFeel better soon, man! I dont like it when your glittery-ness is subdued by illness.
ReplyDeleteHUGS...
It's never good with good has ironic quotes.
ReplyDeleteGet well soon.
Michael has The Ick but is finally starting to feel better today. I hope you are better, too!
ReplyDeleteIf you can read, you are not that sick. The worst is to have fever, and headache, and you cannot even find the bathroom.
ReplyDelete